The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Newly stage 3 diagnosis

Forums General Melanoma Community Newly stage 3 diagnosis

Participant

I had been posting anonymously- but after encouragement from several people, I created a profile.  I am so thankful for those who has posted and shared their thought and opinions.  I feel like I am all consumed by my diagnosis right now and constantly afraid…. Afraid that I'll miss my baby girl grow up….leave my best friend.

* I believe next I will have a clnd.  My sln was originally said to be clear- but then 4 months later said to have a microscopic cell.  I'm so uncertain about what is coming next.

thanks for your thoughts!

~ also…. Thoughts on interferon???

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        brittanyx
        Participant
          Sending positive thoughts your way. You are very strong. I’m stage lllb and will be doing interferon for a year. I’ve talked to many people that have done interferon and are and have been NED. You’ll probably hear about the horrible side effects, but can’t base somebody else’s experience on what you could experience because every body is different. Some people experience side effects worse than others. No one should ever regret what treatment they decide. Keep being strong. If you’d like to be be in contact or have someone to talk to you can always message me!
          brittanyx
          Participant
            Sending positive thoughts your way. You are very strong. I’m stage lllb and will be doing interferon for a year. I’ve talked to many people that have done interferon and are and have been NED. You’ll probably hear about the horrible side effects, but can’t base somebody else’s experience on what you could experience because every body is different. Some people experience side effects worse than others. No one should ever regret what treatment they decide. Keep being strong. If you’d like to be be in contact or have someone to talk to you can always message me!
            brittanyx
            Participant
              Socks
              Participant

*hugs* I'm IIIc myself. Getting ready for my next set of scans soon. Personally I chose not to do interferon but that's based entirely on my life and my personal situation. I feel that, for me personally, it's not a good idea. Make sure you go over all the options – and the pros & cons of each – with your doctor. Ask about clinical trials, etc. 

And do everything you can to remain positive. It sounds kind of silly, but a positive attitude really does help!

Socks
                Participant

*hugs* I'm IIIc myself. Getting ready for my next set of scans soon. Personally I chose not to do interferon but that's based entirely on my life and my personal situation. I feel that, for me personally, it's not a good idea. Make sure you go over all the options – and the pros & cons of each – with your doctor. Ask about clinical trials, etc. 

And do everything you can to remain positive. It sounds kind of silly, but a positive attitude really does help!

Socks
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics