The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Newly Diagnosed, is there a Stage One/Two support group or Janner?

Forums General Melanoma Community Newly Diagnosed, is there a Stage One/Two support group or Janner?

Participant
      Hi, I have read a lot of reassuring and positive replies by Janner. Is she still on this forum and able to help? I am hoping there is a support group for Stage One people as I am newly diagnosed and struggling with the uncertainties of this. I admire the strength and courage of everyone on this forum and need some help. There seems to be many people who were in my position and are now Stage 4, I worry about the cancer spreading as it seems like it happens a lot.
      Thank you.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant
          Dear Anon,

Yes, Janner is awesome! And an amazing reminder that all Stage 1s don’t turn into Stage 4s.

Unfortunately a while back, some Anons gave Janner grief one too many times and she left the board. I trust she is off living her life well.

I will tell you what she would tell you: most of the early stage melanoma peeps are off living their life. After the initial shock of a cancer diagnosis and treatment, most early stages don’t have to deal with melanoma any more, so they don’t need the long term support of this board. Subsequently the majority of them they drop off.

What is important to remember when interacting with this board:. We are not representative. The majority of us are late stagers. We hang around because we need the support and it helps us stay up to date in the Melanoma world.

Seconldy. while you are not a statistic (You’re a person- yea!) the statistics are in your favor.

Finally, if you have questions- ask. But if you do, I recommend that you go ahead and register. Get a user name. It helps us know who we’re talking with. Anons are just that anonymous and hard to track with.

Stay safe in this crazy world.

I wish you Peace!

Shalom,
          Julie

Butterfly74
            Participant
              Hi Julie,
              Thank you for your words. That is a shame about Janner as she was a lovely support and so nice of her to help everyone. I’m hoping with time this will get easier for me and I won’t think the worst, it’s so scary though. I need to work through my anxiety.
              All the best.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics