The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Website and Impact on MPIP Posts

Forums General Melanoma Community New Website and Impact on MPIP Posts

Keymaster

All,

As I mentioned last week, the MRF’s website is about to experience an impressive transformation. The new look and feel of the site will launch on Monday, September 9 – just 3 days away!

All,

As I mentioned last week, the MRF’s website is about to experience an impressive transformation. The new look and feel of the site will launch on Monday, September 9 – just 3 days away!

One of our top priorities is to make sure MPIP and other community resources are preserved. In order to do this, we will be migrating all of the existing discussions, threads and active user profiles over to the new site. We are working with an extremely qualified partner to do this and we don’t anticipate this impacting you or the MPIP forum. However, just in case, we suggest you avoid posting in the forum from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. EDT on Monday, September 9. During this window, we will be transferring all the above mentioned content. If you do post during this period, we recommend you make a copy in case there are any hiccups in the migration.

Not only will you see a vast improvement in the navigation and look and feel of http://www.melanoma.org, but you’ll also see your posts on this forum appearing faster.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new site!

Tim – MRF 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

You'll get'em, either way!

Making an old man learn new ways!   wink

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

BrianP
              Participant

Thanks for your efforts Tim.  Look forward to the new improvements.

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Hi Tim,
                    I completely your “don’t post yet rule” and wanted to tell you that so far, it looks great.

I am completely bored out of my scull, waiting for steroid wean, so if I lose this, I’ll just post again. I must redo my profile!

Good luck, and I can already tell you that posting is fast!

Karen

NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Completely ignored your rule, and posted as “anonymous.” Hmmmm
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Karen
                        NYKaren
                        Participant
                          Karen
                          NYKaren
                          Participant
                            Hi Tim,
                            I completely your “don’t post yet rule” and wanted to tell you that so far, it looks great.

I am completely bored out of my scull, waiting for steroid wean, so if I lose this, I’ll just post again. I must redo my profile!

Karen

NYKaren
                            Participant
                              Hi Tim,

Karen

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

nancyg
                                Participant
                                  Tim,
                                  Where are the emails that let me know that someone
                                  Posted on the board?? Is that no longer gonna happen?
                                  Nancy
                                  nancyg
                                  Participant
                                    Tim,
                                    Nancy
                                    nancyg
                                    Participant
                                      Tim,
                                      Nancy
                                      bj63
                                      Participant

Had some issues with getting on and had to go through the password reset function.  I also noted that the history in my profile was truncated.  Maybe it was too long?  Otherwise, everything seems to be working quite well.

bj63
                                        Participant

Had some issues with getting on and had to go through the password reset function.  I also noted that the history in my profile was truncated.  Maybe it was too long?  Otherwise, everything seems to be working quite well.

bj63
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics