The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

new tumors while on ippi

Forums General Melanoma Community new tumors while on ippi

Participant

hi,

I am going for my second ippi infusion this week.   I had been optimistic and still am, but I have had three tumors now appear on my hips they are not surface ones but deeper and feel like the size of a grape.  I wonder have others had tumors appear while on ippi and then disappear, or is this a bad sign that it is not working for me?

I have a tumor in my lung which seem to be getting slightly bigger just judging by my breathing  but now seems slightly better, or I could be just use to it, but at least it doesnt seem worse.

thanks

hi,

I am going for my second ippi infusion this week.   I had been optimistic and still am, but I have had three tumors now appear on my hips they are not surface ones but deeper and feel like the size of a grape.  I wonder have others had tumors appear while on ippi and then disappear, or is this a bad sign that it is not working for me?

I have a tumor in my lung which seem to be getting slightly bigger just judging by my breathing  but now seems slightly better, or I could be just use to it, but at least it doesnt seem worse.

thanks

laurie from maine

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jmmm
        Participant
          Hang in there. Ipi takes awhile to work and things can get worse before they get better. Plus, many times the tumors seem to grow before they shrink…and the lymph nodes can look and feel enlarged, that just means they’re reacting to the medicine and doing what they’re supposed to do. The results from ipi can take 2+ months from your last dose. It’s hard to be patient and wait, but try to hang in there. Hopefully it will work.
          jmmm
          Participant
            Hang in there. Ipi takes awhile to work and things can get worse before they get better. Plus, many times the tumors seem to grow before they shrink…and the lymph nodes can look and feel enlarged, that just means they’re reacting to the medicine and doing what they’re supposed to do. The results from ipi can take 2+ months from your last dose. It’s hard to be patient and wait, but try to hang in there. Hopefully it will work.
            jmmm
            Participant
              himynameiskevin
              Participant

All my lung tumors have progressed somewhat and a few brain lesions have popped up during my course of Yervoy which I finished on Dec 20th. I remember going into it, that that's one of the downsides to it, the waiting for it to work, which I've heard could take up to 3 months after the last dose. My doctor always reminded me that swelling can be a good sign, and it's not uncommon for things to get bigger before they get smaller. From experience we all know the waiting is the hardest part, but your body showing a reaction, could be just as good as it seems bad. Hang in there and hope for the best. ๐Ÿ™‚

himynameiskevin
                Participant

All my lung tumors have progressed somewhat and a few brain lesions have popped up during my course of Yervoy which I finished on Dec 20th. I remember going into it, that that's one of the downsides to it, the waiting for it to work, which I've heard could take up to 3 months after the last dose. My doctor always reminded me that swelling can be a good sign, and it's not uncommon for things to get bigger before they get smaller. From experience we all know the waiting is the hardest part, but your body showing a reaction, could be just as good as it seems bad. Hang in there and hope for the best. ๐Ÿ™‚

himynameiskevin
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics