The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New to Bulletin Board

Forums General Melanoma Community New to Bulletin Board

Participant

It appears that I am not alone with this diagnosis. I have had a biopsi with resuts of T1A with no ulceration. I have surgery for removal on March 8, 2019. It is incredible how a person that is usually positive can turn into an emotional wreck. It is good to have a bulletin board to share experiences and to share treatments. I pray for everyone to heal. Thank you for any support.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lindy303
        Participant

Good morning,  you are not alone- I also had T1A with subsequent WLE; I'm due for my first follow up on March 8th.   I completely understand how you feel, as you l hear "malignant melanoma" and focus on the fact that you have cancer.  My husband and I were both wrecks, but Janner on this site helped me put things in perspective.  I was totally focused on the very small possibility that it had spread instead of focusing on the much greater chance that surgery would yield clear margins.  You have to keep that in mind, think positive thoughts and know that there's a huge support group here.  Praying that you will have quick healing after your surgery on Friday!

mikechel
            Participant
              Thank you. Praying for you too.
            MMH
            Participant

Hello to you!  I am sorry you are here but glad you found this forum becase you will find comfort in people who can relate. I was diagnosed in July 2018 with a .6mm.  I got the call the minute I landed in Seattle for my family vacation.  As you can imagine, not much of a vacation.  I had the WLE in August 2018 and I go in every 3 months for skin and lymph node checks. It is a life changer.  Period.  Hang in there and know that you are not alone.  Knowledge is power, so despite the fact that reading and learning can be terribly stressful, try to do so.  This forum is full of knowledge, real knowledge from real people.  Hang in there.  Thinking of you!

mikechel
                Participant
                  It was relieving to know about this forum.I am thinking of you too.
                  Thanks.
                desmelwife
                Participant

I can so attest to the roller coaster of emotions. My husband is typically the more optimistic one in our household but this has really sent him in a tailspin. Glad you have joined the board as you will see there are so many informative, encouraging and supportive people here!

Sending love + healing,

Tania

mikechel
                    Participant
                      Yes, rollercoaster is right.
                      Thank you for your thoughts. Love and healing for your husband and you.
                Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics