The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Patient

Forums General Melanoma Community New Patient

Participant

I was originally diagnosed wtih a melanoma on my left chest that wast 1.5mm thick, without ulceration and a mitotic rate of 4/mm2.  I had the wide area excision and SLB. One of the 5 lymph nodes biopsied showed two foci of .27mm and .3mm.  

I am now scheduled for an MRI and and PET scan, as well as surgery to remove the remaining lymph nodes in the affected area.

I'm pretty freaked out and don't know what to expect.  I'd love to hear people's experiences.

Thanks for any assistance

I was originally diagnosed wtih a melanoma on my left chest that wast 1.5mm thick, without ulceration and a mitotic rate of 4/mm2.  I had the wide area excision and SLB. One of the 5 lymph nodes biopsied showed two foci of .27mm and .3mm.  

I am now scheduled for an MRI and and PET scan, as well as surgery to remove the remaining lymph nodes in the affected area.

I'm pretty freaked out and don't know what to expect.  I'd love to hear people's experiences.

Thanks for any assistance

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        kthekhal
        Participant

I was originally diagnosed in June 2008 with a 3.8 mm primary on my left forearm , ULCERATED, with 2 affected lymph nodes  and I am  NED since  then …  

Also,   I am the only Asian Indian in this TEAM.

I did take interferon for  8 months .

SO DON'T PANIC, there are many options, BUT PLEASE STAY FROM THE SUN  and drink lots of spinach & carrot juice and include TURMERIC in your DAILY diet.

PS : don't  depend on prayers etc.     – this does not work.

kthekhal
          Participant

I was originally diagnosed in June 2008 with a 3.8 mm primary on my left forearm , ULCERATED, with 2 affected lymph nodes  and I am  NED since  then …  

SO DON'T PANIC, there are many options, BUT PLEASE STAY FROM THE SUN  and drink lots of spinach & carrot juice and include TURMERIC in your DAILY diet.

jag
              Participant

Bostonguy, these are exactly the people you want to ignore.  I have no idea what being AsianIndian has to do with this kook, but some cancers are responsive to nutrition, others aren't.  I have seen many people over the years who obsessed over diet and get worse (I was one of them-I actually bought into the whole macrobiotics mumbo jumbo thinking it would make a difference.  If you want to make changes like this in your life, it will likely help you feel better, and won't hurt you, but don't let freaks like this scare you and tell you what you need to do to survive.  Turmeric has shown to be a healthy supplement, but sunshine has actually been shown to help people survive with cancer(in moderation).  The most important thing to do is to research, research and more research, then don't be afraid of going to the doctor, and do everything you can to catch things early, and be active in decisions regarding your treatments.  In the meantime, don't feel stupid for saying your prayers-they can't hurt you much either.

jag
                Participant

Bostonguy, these are exactly the people you want to ignore.  I have no idea what being AsianIndian has to do with this kook, but some cancers are responsive to nutrition, others aren't.  I have seen many people over the years who obsessed over diet and get worse (I was one of them-I actually bought into the whole macrobiotics mumbo jumbo thinking it would make a difference.  If you want to make changes like this in your life, it will likely help you feel better, and won't hurt you, but don't let freaks like this scare you and tell you what you need to do to survive.  Turmeric has shown to be a healthy supplement, but sunshine has actually been shown to help people survive with cancer(in moderation).  The most important thing to do is to research, research and more research, then don't be afraid of going to the doctor, and do everything you can to catch things early, and be active in decisions regarding your treatments.  In the meantime, don't feel stupid for saying your prayers-they can't hurt you much either.

jag
                  Participant

natasha
                    Participant

Why pray does not help?

natasha
                      Participant

Why pray does not help?

natasha
                        Participant

Why pray does not help?

natasha
                          Participant

Please ,take some time and read my story.

I was diagnosed with 2mm melanoma this Jan.

It was serious diagnosys and my surgery for SNB was due in 2 weeks.

All I did ,just prayed every single day and asked God for a miracle.I was shocked and I did not know a lot about this desease ,so I prepared myself to dye. I am 31 years old lady.

I still prayed every day and I found my way to the church.I am Orthodox and it was one church in england 2 hours drive distance.I went in where and prayed.

I was told by Docs I should have several surgeries and Medicines.

I asked God to do something with it.

1week before SNB pathologist rang me and said how sorry he is ,he made typing mistake and My tumor is 0.2 mm instead of 2mm.

Pathologist contacted my Doc and SNB and all medicines were canselled.

I am on 3 month checks for 1 years.So far so good.

Praying helps.

God helps

This or different way – miracles happen.

natasha
                            Participant

All I did ,just prayed every single day and asked God for a miracle.I was shocked and I did not know a lot about this desease ,so I prepared myself to dye. I am 31 years old lady.

I still prayed every day and I found my way to the church.I am Orthodox and it was one church in england 2 hours drive distance.I went in where and prayed.

1week before SNB pathologist rang me and said how sorry he is ,he made typing mistake and My tumor is 0.2 mm instead of 2mm.

Praying helps.

God helps

natasha
                              Participant

Praying helps.

God helps

kthekhal
                              Participant

aldakota22
                                Participant

Don't bum out without knowing.Know that is tough but hopefully all will be OK after your scans.The power of prayer is what keeps so many of us going.All the best for you.  Al

aldakota22
                                  Participant

Don't bum out without knowing.Know that is tough but hopefully all will be OK after your scans.The power of prayer is what keeps so many of us going.All the best for you.  Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Becky C.
                                      Participant

Hi, Bostonguy. After reading a few posts, you will see who knows what they are talking about. And I believe strongly in the power of prayer, especially during a scary time. my primary was on my right foot, 1.57mm, nonulcerated, high mitotic rate. I had one sentinel node positive with micromets. Had a groin dissection and have recovered fine. Had to wear compression hose for a  while because of swelling, but now all I have is some slight puffiness in my thigh. I am coming up on one  year being NED.    Your primary sounds sim ilar to mine.  Let us know if you have anymore questions. Hang in there, you will get through it.

Becky C.
                                        Participant

Hi, Bostonguy. After reading a few posts, you will see who knows what they are talking about. And I believe strongly in the power of prayer, especially during a scary time. my primary was on my right foot, 1.57mm, nonulcerated, high mitotic rate. I had one sentinel node positive with micromets. Had a groin dissection and have recovered fine. Had to wear compression hose for a  while because of swelling, but now all I have is some slight puffiness in my thigh. I am coming up on one  year being NED.    Your primary sounds sim ilar to mine.  Let us know if you have anymore questions. Hang in there, you will get through it.

Becky C.
                                          Participant

kateboston
                                            Participant

Hi bostonguy,

Back in 2010 at the age of 30 I went through a very similar experience. My mole was on the back of my left calf and was 1.17mm, w/o ulceration and a mitotic rate of 5. 1 of the 3 lymph nodes I had removed in the SLNB came back with microscopic amounts of melanoma. 

I had to have lymph node dissection of my left groin which ended up being a little more than I expected both emotionally and physicially. Physically it was hard to walk for a little while and I had that damn drain in. When I was first told about the drain, I didn't think it would be a big deal but I ended up hating that thing. It was in for 3 weeks and it made it very difficult to go out and get around. I ended up getting an infection at the drain site about 2 weeks after my surgery and was admitted for a few days to treat that. Then after the infection was gone I started Interferon. I did the one month high dose infusion and then did the injections at home for only 2 months b/c the interferon began to affect my vision so my doctor's decided to stop it.

I'm also in Boston (as you can see from my name) and am also treated at MGH – you are in WONDERFUL hands there. Dr Wargo was my surgical oncologist and Dr Lawrence is my medical oncologist.

Best of luck with your next steps – if you have other questions or anything, just let me know – I'd be happy to chat.

– Kate

kateboston
                                              Participant

Hi bostonguy,

Back in 2010 at the age of 30 I went through a very similar experience. My mole was on the back of my left calf and was 1.17mm, w/o ulceration and a mitotic rate of 5. 1 of the 3 lymph nodes I had removed in the SLNB came back with microscopic amounts of melanoma. 

I had to have lymph node dissection of my left groin which ended up being a little more than I expected both emotionally and physicially. Physically it was hard to walk for a little while and I had that damn drain in. When I was first told about the drain, I didn't think it would be a big deal but I ended up hating that thing. It was in for 3 weeks and it made it very difficult to go out and get around. I ended up getting an infection at the drain site about 2 weeks after my surgery and was admitted for a few days to treat that. Then after the infection was gone I started Interferon. I did the one month high dose infusion and then did the injections at home for only 2 months b/c the interferon began to affect my vision so my doctor's decided to stop it.

I'm also in Boston (as you can see from my name) and am also treated at MGH – you are in WONDERFUL hands there. Dr Wargo was my surgical oncologist and Dr Lawrence is my medical oncologist.

Best of luck with your next steps – if you have other questions or anything, just let me know – I'd be happy to chat.

– Kate

kateboston
                                                Participant

Hi bostonguy,

– Kate

rjcravens
                                                  Participant
                                                    Deep breathes …….one day at a time. Praying for you.
                                                    rjcravens
                                                    Participant
                                                      rjcravens
                                                      Participant
                                                        Linny
                                                        Participant

I was in your situation about a year and a half ago: freaking out.

Doctors never found the mole from where my melanoma origniated, so I have melanoma with an unknown primary. One lymph node tested positive. But I still had the rest of them removed from under my arm.

Having scans will be your new "normal". Depending on your doctor, you can have any combnation on CT/PET/MRI or ultrasound. You will be having some sort of scan on a routine basis. This first one you're having will be used as a baseline for future scans. The first year from diagnosis, your scans will happen every 3-4 months. The second year, they will be every 6 months. At least that's what they were for me. You will be seeing your oncologist and surgeon for follow up visits. 

The surgery to remove the lymph nodes wasn't that bad. At least for me it wasn't. I went home the same day and was sore for a while but I managed. Some nerves near the arm pit were cut to help with pain control. And it really helped a lot. The yuckiest part was having to wear a drain for two weeks.

One side effect of the lymphdenectomy is a condition called lymphedema, which is a buildup of fluid due to a lack of lymph nodes to drain it off. Not everyone gets it. But you do need to know that it's a risk. Since your melanoma was found on your chest, it sounds like doctors will be removing them from under one of your arms. And that will be the arm you need to keep an eye on for any abnormal swelling. Also, you will not be able to have blood pressure taken on that arm nor will you be able to get shots or blood drawn from that arm. Your doctor will fill you in on more details. Lymphedema is manageable with physical therapy.

If you're like me, you're not in a very good place emotionally right now. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for a prescription to help you cope for now.

Linny
                                                          Participant

Doctors never found the mole from where my melanoma origniated, so I have melanoma with an unknown primary. One lymph node tested positive. But I still had the rest of them removed from under my arm.

Having scans will be your new "normal". Depending on your doctor, you can have any combnation on CT/PET/MRI or ultrasound. You will be having some sort of scan on a routine basis. This first one you're having will be used as a baseline for future scans. The first year from diagnosis, your scans will happen every 3-4 months. The second year, they will be every 6 months. At least that's what they were for me. You will be seeing your oncologist and surgeon for follow up visits. 

The surgery to remove the lymph nodes wasn't that bad. At least for me it wasn't. I went home the same day and was sore for a while but I managed. Some nerves near the arm pit were cut to help with pain control. And it really helped a lot. The yuckiest part was having to wear a drain for two weeks.

One side effect of the lymphdenectomy is a condition called lymphedema, which is a buildup of fluid due to a lack of lymph nodes to drain it off. Not everyone gets it. But you do need to know that it's a risk. Since your melanoma was found on your chest, it sounds like doctors will be removing them from under one of your arms. And that will be the arm you need to keep an eye on for any abnormal swelling. Also, you will not be able to have blood pressure taken on that arm nor will you be able to get shots or blood drawn from that arm. Your doctor will fill you in on more details. Lymphedema is manageable with physical therapy.

If you're like me, you're not in a very good place emotionally right now. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for a prescription to help you cope for now.

Linny
                                                            Participant

bostonguy
                                                              Participant

Thank you all for your replies. I'm learning more each day. I was a mess yesterday when I found the news because I was afraid tht it was a death sentence.  It was helpful and encouraging to hear that each case is different and that there are people who have diagnosis like mine, or worse, who live healthy, productive lives.  There is life after melanoma diagnosis, or at least the chance of it.

I'm learning more about the foods that can help and all that.  I haven't been particularly devout in my religious practices (I was raised catholic), but I do have them and if nothing else, praying brings me some personal comfort and peace of mind.  

I'm awaiting my scans on Friady (PET and MRI) and to hear on the surgery date to schedule the next lymph node disection.

Anyone have any thoughts on partial vs. full lymph node disection?

bostonguy
                                                                Participant

Thank you all for your replies. I'm learning more each day. I was a mess yesterday when I found the news because I was afraid tht it was a death sentence.  It was helpful and encouraging to hear that each case is different and that there are people who have diagnosis like mine, or worse, who live healthy, productive lives.  There is life after melanoma diagnosis, or at least the chance of it.

I'm learning more about the foods that can help and all that.  I haven't been particularly devout in my religious practices (I was raised catholic), but I do have them and if nothing else, praying brings me some personal comfort and peace of mind.  

I'm awaiting my scans on Friady (PET and MRI) and to hear on the surgery date to schedule the next lymph node disection.

bostonguy
                                                                  Participant

bostonguy
                                                                    Participant

bostonguy
                                                                      Participant

Linny
                                                                          Participant

With a partial there's always a risk that one of the nodes that was not removed may be housing melanoma cells. But there is a procedure called a sentinel node biopsy where they don't remove them all but I don't know if that's appropriate for your situation:

"The sentinel nodes are the first few lymph nodes into which a tumor drains. Sentinel node biopsy involves injecting a tracer material that helps the surgeon locate the sentinel nodes during surgery. The sentinel nodes are removed and analyzed in a laboratory. If the sentinel nodes are free of cancer, then cancer isn't likely to have spread and removing additional lymph nodes is unnecessary."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sentinel-node-biopsy/MY00828

In my case they removed them all because there never was a mole/tumor near the enlarged node and doctors weren't taking any chances.

If I've learned anything over the past year and a half is that there is life after a melanoma diagnosis. Hearing survivor stories definitely helps.

Linny
                                                                            Participant

With a partial there's always a risk that one of the nodes that was not removed may be housing melanoma cells. But there is a procedure called a sentinel node biopsy where they don't remove them all but I don't know if that's appropriate for your situation:

"The sentinel nodes are the first few lymph nodes into which a tumor drains. Sentinel node biopsy involves injecting a tracer material that helps the surgeon locate the sentinel nodes during surgery. The sentinel nodes are removed and analyzed in a laboratory. If the sentinel nodes are free of cancer, then cancer isn't likely to have spread and removing additional lymph nodes is unnecessary."

In my case they removed them all because there never was a mole/tumor near the enlarged node and doctors weren't taking any chances.

If I've learned anything over the past year and a half is that there is life after a melanoma diagnosis. Hearing survivor stories definitely helps.

bostonguy
                                                                              Participant

I already had one Sentinel Lymph Node biopsy, which was when they found the two micro-metatasis in one of the five lymph nodes that they removed. Would a partial be another Sentinal Lymph Node biopsy from the spot of those lymph nodes? Or at that point, would they remove all of the lymph nodes in that area?

Thanks!

bostonguy
                                                                                Participant

I already had one Sentinel Lymph Node biopsy, which was when they found the two micro-metatasis in one of the five lymph nodes that they removed. Would a partial be another Sentinal Lymph Node biopsy from the spot of those lymph nodes? Or at that point, would they remove all of the lymph nodes in that area?

Thanks!

bostonguy
                                                                                  Participant

Thanks!

bostonguy
                                                                                    Participant

Thanks!

bostonguy
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks!

bostonguy
                                                                                        Participant

Thanks!

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            The answer depends on the surgeon. Ask him. There are studies underway to determine if all nodes in a basin should be removed or enough to be believe that there is a high probability that all nodes containing melanoma cells have been removed. My personal thoughts are against a complete removal if several clear nodes in a row are found. Of course you should pay attention to that node area for any enlarging nodes. It appears that you are in a pretty good situation with only a couple of micro-metatasis found.

basically it is up to what you feel comfortable with based on what your melanoma specialist says.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              The answer depends on the surgeon. Ask him. There are studies underway to determine if all nodes in a basin should be removed or enough to be believe that there is a high probability that all nodes containing melanoma cells have been removed. My personal thoughts are against a complete removal if several clear nodes in a row are found. Of course you should pay attention to that node area for any enlarging nodes. It appears that you are in a pretty good situation with only a couple of micro-metatasis found.

basically it is up to what you feel comfortable with based on what your melanoma specialist says.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                              Participant

Linny
                                                                                                Participant

bostonguy
                                                                                                Participant

bostonguy
                                                                                                  Participant

Well, had the PET, CT and MRI done this afternoon. Surgery is scheduled for the 16th to go after the other lymph nodes where the melanoma deposits are.  Praying, hoping and fingers crossed for clean results from the scans.

Thanks for all of your information and support.

Tim

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        pulling for good scans. Have melanoma deposits been identified in any other lymph nodes? Didn’t think so from your post.
                                                                                                        JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          pulling for good scans. Have melanoma deposits been identified in any other lymph nodes? Didn’t think so from your post.
                                                                                                          bostonguy
                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Jerry – There were two deposits of melanoma (.27mm and .3mm widest diameter) in one of the 5 lymph nodes they dissected in the sentinal node procedure.  I am scheduled for lymph node dissection on May 16th to to see if any other lymph nodes show evidence of disease.

Thanks for the wishes on the good scan results. Just waiting on the thoracic CT and the PET scan results now. The abdominal CT and the Brain MRI came back clean.

bostonguy
                                                                                                            Participant

Hi Jerry – There were two deposits of melanoma (.27mm and .3mm widest diameter) in one of the 5 lymph nodes they dissected in the sentinal node procedure.  I am scheduled for lymph node dissection on May 16th to to see if any other lymph nodes show evidence of disease.

Thanks for the wishes on the good scan results. Just waiting on the thoracic CT and the PET scan results now. The abdominal CT and the Brain MRI came back clean.

bostonguy
                                                                                                              Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                bostonguy
                                                                                                                Participant

Well, had the PET, CT and MRI done this afternoon. Surgery is scheduled for the 16th to go after the other lymph nodes where the melanoma deposits are.  Praying, hoping and fingers crossed for clean results from the scans.

Tim

bostonguy
                                                                                                                  Participant

Tim

Erinmay22
                                                                                                                    Participant

Bostonguy –

Sorry to 'meet' you here and thru this horrible melanoma rollercoaster.  I think you're doing the right thing getting your questions answered by folks that have gone thru this!  Hope all comes back clear on your recent scans.  I have my 3 month scans coming up May 18th.

My story started Oct 2010.  I had a mole that started growing out of control.  Had it removed by my derm.  Who told me over and over again it was nothing… in 2 weeks I'll get a letter saying it was nothing.  Next week she called me in to her office.  Mine was upper right back, 4.5mm, ulceration, high mitoic rate.  Sentinel lymph node biopsy came back positive.   Had the rest removed – all clear.  CT/PET and brain MRI showed all clear.

Then I moved to NJ.  Jan 2011 I had a CT scan at Sloan.  I was trying to get in a trial.  That showed a dozen nodules on my lungs.  March 2011 had VAT's procedure to remove 2 spots from my left lung.  Both came back positive for Melanoma.  Tried getting in to the BRAF trial but when I was scanned in April all spots were gone (except 1).  Decided to watch and wait.  May 2011 – no spots showing up on scans.  Thru Feb 2012 I still have had no spots show up on my scans.  Have followed a watch and wait approach.  Knowing that there are now several things in our back pocket should a scan not have a great result.

Hang in there!  If you need anything we are all here to help!

Erin

bostonguy
                                                                                                                        Participant

Wow, what a crazy roller coaster ride that is for you.  Thanks for sharing your story with me.  It's inspiring ot me to hear people tell their stories and live through it.  There's a mental toughness required for dealing with this stress that is almost unimaginable.

bostonguy
                                                                                                                          Participant

Wow, what a crazy roller coaster ride that is for you.  Thanks for sharing your story with me.  It's inspiring ot me to hear people tell their stories and live through it.  There's a mental toughness required for dealing with this stress that is almost unimaginable.

bostonguy
                                                                                                                            Participant

Erinmay22
                                                                                                                            Participant

Bostonguy –

Sorry to 'meet' you here and thru this horrible melanoma rollercoaster.  I think you're doing the right thing getting your questions answered by folks that have gone thru this!  Hope all comes back clear on your recent scans.  I have my 3 month scans coming up May 18th.

My story started Oct 2010.  I had a mole that started growing out of control.  Had it removed by my derm.  Who told me over and over again it was nothing… in 2 weeks I'll get a letter saying it was nothing.  Next week she called me in to her office.  Mine was upper right back, 4.5mm, ulceration, high mitoic rate.  Sentinel lymph node biopsy came back positive.   Had the rest removed – all clear.  CT/PET and brain MRI showed all clear.

Then I moved to NJ.  Jan 2011 I had a CT scan at Sloan.  I was trying to get in a trial.  That showed a dozen nodules on my lungs.  March 2011 had VAT's procedure to remove 2 spots from my left lung.  Both came back positive for Melanoma.  Tried getting in to the BRAF trial but when I was scanned in April all spots were gone (except 1).  Decided to watch and wait.  May 2011 – no spots showing up on scans.  Thru Feb 2012 I still have had no spots show up on my scans.  Have followed a watch and wait approach.  Knowing that there are now several things in our back pocket should a scan not have a great result.

Erin

Erinmay22
                                                                                                                              Participant

Bostonguy –

Erin

bostonguy
                                                                                                                                Participant

Hi All – Finally a bit of good news.  I got the results of two of the four scans back and they were clean.  The brain MRI and the abdominal CT scan were both clean.  I am still awaiting the thoracic CT and the PET scan results.  I am hopeful and praying that they come back clean as well.

Lymph Node Dissection surgery scheduled for the 16th for the nodes under my left armpit.  I'm also hoping and praying that it shows no further evidence of disease in any other nodes.

kluft
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Wow .. this has been so helpful.. What I thought was a callous on my toe was biopsied it was melanoma.. 2.8mm. Had toe removed and SNB… on April 17, 2012.. 2 positive nodes on the SNB     Pet and MRI are clear and had the nodes removed from my left groin on May1, 2012.. All the nodes are negative.. From reading these posts Iam learning about what is possible and what is out there. So thank you all and I am open to any suggestions.. I am also working with a Naturalpath and have a super physical therapist to help with the swelling from the last surgery..  It is really such a steep learning curve.. Any special physician I should be seeing in the Seattle area??

kluft
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Wow .. this has been so helpful.. What I thought was a callous on my toe was biopsied it was melanoma.. 2.8mm. Had toe removed and SNB… on April 17, 2012.. 2 positive nodes on the SNB     Pet and MRI are clear and had the nodes removed from my left groin on May1, 2012.. All the nodes are negative.. From reading these posts Iam learning about what is possible and what is out there. So thank you all and I am open to any suggestions.. I am also working with a Naturalpath and have a super physical therapist to help with the swelling from the last surgery..  It is really such a steep learning curve.. Any special physician I should be seeing in the Seattle area??

kluft
                                                                                                                                        Participant

bostonguy
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi All – Finally a bit of good news.  I got the results of two of the four scans back and they were clean.  The brain MRI and the abdominal CT scan were both clean.  I am still awaiting the thoracic CT and the PET scan results.  I am hopeful and praying that they come back clean as well.

Lymph Node Dissection surgery scheduled for the 16th for the nodes under my left armpit.  I'm also hoping and praying that it shows no further evidence of disease in any other nodes.

bostonguy
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics