The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Feature

Forums General Melanoma Community New Feature

Keymaster

Some of you have interacted with Kathy, who is the guru we have found to work with our web folks.  She is a super star, and has just added a new feature.

From now on when you click on a topic and view replies, any reply that has been added since the last time you looked will be flagged with a big yellow note saying New Reply.  This will make it easy to dip into a post and look only at what is new. 

Still working on a little glitch that keeps this from popping up on the second page of replies, but that should be fixed soon.

Kudos to Kathy for fixing this.

Some of you have interacted with Kathy, who is the guru we have found to work with our web folks.  She is a super star, and has just added a new feature.

From now on when you click on a topic and view replies, any reply that has been added since the last time you looked will be flagged with a big yellow note saying New Reply.  This will make it easy to dip into a post and look only at what is new. 

Still working on a little glitch that keeps this from popping up on the second page of replies, but that should be fixed soon.

Kudos to Kathy for fixing this.

Tim–MRF

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

I like it!

dian in spokane
          Participant

I like it!

StanN
            Participant

I tried but nothing was different,so  I logged in and it now  works.

So you may have to  be logged in to have the flags show…just passing this on.

StanN

StanN
              Participant

I tried but nothing was different,so  I logged in and it now  works.

So you may have to  be logged in to have the flags show…just passing this on.

StanN

Janner
                Participant

I like the new feature if you are logged in. 

Like Stan, though, I hate having to be logged in to see any post status.  Can't they save cookies regardless of if you are logged in or not?  I look at the board on several computers but usually stay logged in on one machine only.  When I look at the board on another machine, I can't tell what is new.  You get no post status if you aren't logged in. 

Janner
                  Participant

I like the new feature if you are logged in. 

Like Stan, though, I hate having to be logged in to see any post status.  Can't they save cookies regardless of if you are logged in or not?  I look at the board on several computers but usually stay logged in on one machine only.  When I look at the board on another machine, I can't tell what is new.  You get no post status if you aren't logged in. 

lhaley
                    Participant

Great addition!  Now if we can just stay logged in! Today I've stayed logged in all day, maybe the glitch is fixed?

lhaley
                      Participant

Great addition!  Now if we can just stay logged in! Today I've stayed logged in all day, maybe the glitch is fixed?

dian in spokane
                          Participant

For what it's worth, I have stopped having all log in problems. I have stayed logged in for quite a while now (since my last complaint about it..a couple weeks maybe?) and I've stayed logged in on all 3 of the computers I use.

dian in spokane
                            Participant

For what it's worth, I have stopped having all log in problems. I have stayed logged in for quite a while now (since my last complaint about it..a couple weeks maybe?) and I've stayed logged in on all 3 of the computers I use.

King
                            Participant

Very nice.  I appreciate any improvements.

Stay Strong
                              Kathie

King
                              Participant

Very nice.  I appreciate any improvements.

Stay Strong
                                Kathie

DonW
                                Participant

Yes, the new feature is groovy.

DonW
                                  Participant

Yes, the new feature is groovy.

LV
                                    Participant

Tim, thanks to both you and Kathy. This helps a lot.

LV
                                      Participant

Tim, thanks to both you and Kathy. This helps a lot.

jag
                                        Participant

Nice work Tim and Kathy!

jag
                                          Participant

Nice work Tim and Kathy!

Julie in SoCal
                                            Participant

AWESOME!!

Julie in SoCal
                                              Participant

AWESOME!!

Yawn
                                                Participant

Props

Yawn
                                                  Participant

Props

Yawn
                                                    Participant

So helpful! Really getting the hang of this.

Yawn
                                                      Participant

So helpful! Really getting the hang of this.

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics