The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Clinical Trial: AMP 224 or Yervoy

Forums General Melanoma Community New Clinical Trial: AMP 224 or Yervoy

Participant

Hello

My last post was pretty dramatic as we were told that the only way to reduce my brother's tumor on arm was amputation.  He did not  do that – and went with radiation for two weeks instead and he is getting reduction.

Hello

My last post was pretty dramatic as we were told that the only way to reduce my brother's tumor on arm was amputation.  He did not  do that – and went with radiation for two weeks instead and he is getting reduction.

After the radiation, Sarah Cannon is suggesting a new clinical trial – AMP targeting PD 1 – instead of Yervoy?!  His tumor is very large in his upper arm and has three very very small spots elsewhere.  I know Yervoy is slow to respond – but this a new clinical trial is a Phase I –  it is a difficult decision.  The targeted pathway is described on several websites.

Is Anyone planning to be on this clinical and also what do you think about this brand new approach vs. Yervoy.  He has already exhausted Braf targets with an excellent outcome over 24 months except for this tumor in shoulder/arm that the Braf/Mek did not touch.

Thanks-and he is glad he kept his arm – but wants to remove the large tumor.  Best wishes and prayers – we are not giving up!! (as our dear friend Amy Busby told me)!!

Mrs Marilyn

sister of Gary Stage IV

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Mrs. Marilyn

Is this the trial:Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of AMP-224 in Patients With Advanced Cancer

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01352884

I hope that this drug works on melanoma cancer.

Good Luck! Being in a Phase 1 is always scary!

Mary

killmel
          Participant

Mrs. Marilyn

Is this the trial:Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of AMP-224 in Patients With Advanced Cancer

Mary

mrsmarilyn
              Participant

Hi Mary-Thats the one!  Thanks – I hope it works too – it is scary!

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                Participant

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                  Participant

MrsMarilyn

killmel
                  Participant

Mrs. Marilyn

Mary

Gene_S
                    Participant

Dear Mrs Marilyn,

There is a movie called "DIRT" that showed that External melanoma's

are curable by changing your diet. Is this possibly something that he

WOULD do? No want a bees here!!!

Best Wishes,

Gene (also stage IV)

mrsmarilyn
                        Participant

Hi-We will have to check that movie out!  But he is in sooooooo much pain and is not able to move his arm- something has to be done quickly.  He has been like this for about a year — hoping the Braf/Mek would hit it – like the rest of his tumors but it didn't.  I will certainly let him know. thank so much!

Mrs. Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                          Participant

Hi-We will have to check that movie out!  But he is in sooooooo much pain and is not able to move his arm- something has to be done quickly.  He has been like this for about a year — hoping the Braf/Mek would hit it – like the rest of his tumors but it didn't.  I will certainly let him know. thank so much!

Mrs. Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                            Participant

Mrs. Marilyn

Gene_S
                            Participant

Dear Mrs Marilyn,

Best Wishes,

Gene (also stage IV)

Gene_S
                              Participant

Dear Mrs Marilyn,

Best Wishes,

Gene (also stage IV)

jag
                                Participant

Have anybody suggested a surgical debulking of the tumor? (remove as much tumor as possible while keeping his arm?

Has the melanoma metastasized anywhere else in his body?

Have you considered a review of his biopsy slides at a major melanoma center to confirm that it is indeed melanoma?

mrsmarilyn
                                    Participant

Hello-No one has suggested the debulking – I was kind of thinking the same thing.  He has tumors elsewhere – small – but yes its metastasized. The Braf/Mek trial he was on for two years removed all the others just about–except this mass in his arm.  They did perform a biopsy–but we did not ask the results of it yet.  Great questions — all!  It is just so hard to think of everything – we always miss something–that is why this board has been a Godsend.

Thanks for the great questions–I will follow up with answers.

Best wishes to all.

Mrs Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                                      Participant

Hello-No one has suggested the debulking – I was kind of thinking the same thing.  He has tumors elsewhere – small – but yes its metastasized. The Braf/Mek trial he was on for two years removed all the others just about–except this mass in his arm.  They did perform a biopsy–but we did not ask the results of it yet.  Great questions — all!  It is just so hard to think of everything – we always miss something–that is why this board has been a Godsend.

Best wishes to all.

Mrs Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                                        Participant

Best wishes to all.

Mrs Marilyn

jag
                                        Participant

Have anybody suggested a surgical debulking of the tumor? (remove as much tumor as possible while keeping his arm?

Have you considered a review of his biopsy slides at a major melanoma center to confirm that it is indeed melanoma?

jag
                                          Participant

jim Breitfeller
                                            Participant

Has anyone considered direct injection of IL-2 into the tumor?  If I had a choice, I would do the anti-PD-1 therapy first and then go in to Yervoy if the PD-1 fails. Just my opinion.

JImmy B

mrsmarilyn
                                                Participant

Hi-I think he is going with the clinical trial first then Yervoy.  But we are trying to get into Moffitt to get a second opinion and the IL-2 injection might be an option.

Thanks for taking the time out to help!

We will keep fighting!

Love & Prayers

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                                                  Participant

Hi-I think he is going with the clinical trial first then Yervoy.  But we are trying to get into Moffitt to get a second opinion and the IL-2 injection might be an option.

We will keep fighting!

Love & Prayers

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                                                    Participant

We will keep fighting!

Love & Prayers

MrsMarilyn

jim Breitfeller
                                                    Participant

Has anyone considered direct injection of IL-2 into the tumor?  If I had a choice, I would do the anti-PD-1 therapy first and then go in to Yervoy if the PD-1 fails. Just my opinion.

JImmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                                      Participant

JImmy B

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics