The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NEVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

Forums General Melanoma Community NEVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

Participant

Hi Everyone

I was very active on MPIP from 1999 – 2006/2007.  MPIP became my life for all those years and I am blessed for everyone who I met herer, and ALL THE INFORMATION and SUPPORT .Words cannot express the gifts I received here .  As all of you know how difficult dealing with Melanoma can be, we can find gifts from this BEAST  

I was dx in 1995 with an ulcerated mole on my back, which was surgically removed.  To hear I was a stage II and I woud be lucky to have five years crippled me  At the time , the only treatment was INF, which my oncologist did not believe in and thank you God he didn't  He chose a wait and see approach,.  I did well until 4 1/2 years later when I was dx with multipled lessions to both lungs.. I knew I was in trouble.  Now what do I do  Both Sloane Kettering n NY and JWCI in Santa Monica wanted to remove one of my lungs. Something told me DON'T DO IT CAROLE.  I prayed and prayed and prayed for God's guidance.  I started taking Essiac Tea,  I did great and weened myself off of it  Bam, about six weeks later….. Brain MET.  Welcome to the WORLD OF BRAIN MET.  Now I am really in trouble.  

I decided to do Gamma Knife…  Short version ,,, the day I went for Gamma Knife, after the halo ( why they call it a halo I have no clue. For those of you who have had Gama Knife you know what I mean— Nothing like being S _ _ _ _  and not enjoying it  Once the halo wasin place , MRI here I come.  GK no go…. My tumor had burst and bled  My doctor recommended surgery and said y9ou have time to think about it  Hee said y9ou can go home , think about it anc come back.  NO WAY…  Can you do it first thing tomorrow ?  I can do it at noon,,,,, 

From the time I knew I had the tumor I thought about treatment and spoke to my oncologist, who is and always will be the only man in my life, except for my grandsons.  I toyed with doing IL-2.  The more I thoght about it , the more I felt I just wanted to live life, as long as I could  the best way I could  I have spoken to an MD who combines conventional and alternative medicine .  When dx with lung mets I ran across at least five ot six people who shared a story about MIstletoe for lung mets with me.  I  made my appt. with my doctor and  made the decision to o Mistletoe instead of IL-2.  Why?  I am not sure except, I had just been divorced two months earlier after 27 years of marriage and I wanted to live, to love and to laugh the best way I could, for as long as I could.  I made the decision not to do chemo.  It was just a personal choice and ot the choice for eeryone   

I beame very selfish and spent time taking care of Carole  I had been under so much sress and believe in my heart, it is wht brought both of my recurrences to fruition,  I had massages, I meditate twice a day, I prqayed and prayed and prayed some more and had 200 nuns praying for  me three times a day ,every day, I had Reiki done ( am now a Reiki Master).Listened to visualisation tapes and CD's.  I had to destress and heal fro within. I believed I had to heal  as a whole– body mind and spirit   In Jan I will be NED 16 years.  He's the best guy ever in my life.  I don't have to cook for him, do his laundry or clean the house .  All he wants if for me to be happy..  

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, and NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE.!!!!  God Bless alll of you  Love and Light

Caarole

PS  I so miss this forum and all the awesome friends I made here,  

I loved going to chat.  We would laugh , we would cry  we would tease each othere and laughter was the best medicine    If anyone wants to reach me please reach me at  [email protected]   Sending hugs and prayers to all of y9ou.  Hang in there.  

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hi Carole,

Glad you stopped by with your good news that in January it will be 16 years NED.

I am so glad the mistletoe and Reiki helped you and it is great to hear of someone that tried the alternative things (also the tea) and it really helped you.  I do remember you when we came to this board in 2008 and my husbands melanoma and we investigated some alternative things to have as our  choice for B or C if A failed.  Fortunately the Choice A worked and took him to NED status so the alternative things are on the back burner in case he loses his status which has been almost 4 1/2 years.

In doing his research he also suggested some alternative things for others that had other types of cancer as well and had them researching as well.

I wish you all the best.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED for almost 4 1/2 years.)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hi Carole,

Glad you stopped by with your good news that in January it will be 16 years NED.

I am so glad the mistletoe and Reiki helped you and it is great to hear of someone that tried the alternative things (also the tea) and it really helped you.  I do remember you when we came to this board in 2008 and my husbands melanoma and we investigated some alternative things to have as our  choice for B or C if A failed.  Fortunately the Choice A worked and took him to NED status so the alternative things are on the back burner in case he loses his status which has been almost 4 1/2 years.

In doing his research he also suggested some alternative things for others that had other types of cancer as well and had them researching as well.

I wish you all the best.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hi Carole,

I wish you all the best.

Carole K
                Participant

HI Judy,

Thank you so much for your kind words  I am so happpy Gene is doing well  Happy Dance time !  I am so happy his choice of threatment worked for him.  fI have always believeed you have to be your own advocate  I met someone on fb who actually did Mistletoe while she was on INF.  She told me she knows it helped her tremendously with the side effects.  She didn't stay on IMF for long and wished she had just done the mistletoe.  I told her never ever look back, just keep puttig oe foot in frot of the other. 

It's a beautiful day , I opened my eyes today.  God Bless you Judy and Gene.  Please keep in touch at [email protected].  I will be back.  

Big hugs and lots of love 

Love and Light 

Carole

Carole K
                  Participant

HI Judy,

Thank you so much for your kind words  I am so happpy Gene is doing well  Happy Dance time !  I am so happy his choice of threatment worked for him.  fI have always believeed you have to be your own advocate  I met someone on fb who actually did Mistletoe while she was on INF.  She told me she knows it helped her tremendously with the side effects.  She didn't stay on IMF for long and wished she had just done the mistletoe.  I told her never ever look back, just keep puttig oe foot in frot of the other. 

It's a beautiful day , I opened my eyes today.  God Bless you Judy and Gene.  Please keep in touch at [email protected].  I will be back.  

Love and Light 

Carole

Carole K
                    Participant

HI Judy,

Love and Light 

Carole

jade1111
                    Participant

Thanks so much for this post!!!! So glad you made it threw and are sharing the light!

jade1111
                      Participant

Thanks so much for this post!!!! So glad you made it threw and are sharing the light!

jade1111
                        Participant

jade1111
                          Participant

Carole K
                              Participant

You are most welcome and remembr NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!!.  Many blessings to you  

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                Participant

You are most welcome and remembr NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!!.  Many blessings to you  

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                  Participant

Love and Light

Carole

jade1111
                                  Participant

jade1111
                                    Participant

snow white
                                      Participant

WOW!  This is a fantastic!  Always encouraging to read stories that have a postive outcome.

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

snow white
                                        Participant

WOW!  This is a fantastic!  Always encouraging to read stories that have a postive outcome.

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Carole K
                                            Participant

I was on MPIP for many many years. The support was incredible and I sitll miss so many people I met here.  I think it's important to know THERE ARE SURVIVORS.  I know so many. I will post on my fb page for them to stop by here.  Those were good ole days for us.  Sending you big hugs.. Hang in there… NEVER EVER GIVE UP..

Love and Light

Carole K…. 

Carole K
                                              Participant

I was on MPIP for many many years. The support was incredible and I sitll miss so many people I met here.  I think it's important to know THERE ARE SURVIVORS.  I know so many. I will post on my fb page for them to stop by here.  Those were good ole days for us.  Sending you big hugs.. Hang in there… NEVER EVER GIVE UP..

Love and Light

Carole K…. 

Carole K
                                                Participant

Love and Light

Carole K…. 

snow white
                                                Participant

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics