The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Need Ipi side effect help, please

Forums General Melanoma Community Need Ipi side effect help, please

Participant

Hi,

Last night I woke up with a 101.4 fever.  Shivering, the whole bit.  My normal temp is 97.8 – 98.  I called Dr. Wolchuk's office today and the nurse said to call if it gets that high again and I'd talk with the fellow (I think Wolchuk's out of town??) about what to do…don't even take tylenol until I call.  Also, my whole body aches.

Ayone experience this?

Many thanks,

karen

Hi,

Last night I woke up with a 101.4 fever.  Shivering, the whole bit.  My normal temp is 97.8 – 98.  I called Dr. Wolchuk's office today and the nurse said to call if it gets that high again and I'd talk with the fellow (I think Wolchuk's out of town??) about what to do…don't even take tylenol until I call.  Also, my whole body aches.

Ayone experience this?

Many thanks,

karen

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        TracyLee
        Participant

Karen,

I didn't have a fever with ipi.

Are you comfortable with what the nurse suggested? Because it is YOUR body, and get thee to the ER if you feel something is seriously wrong! Let them sort it out if necessary. 

Better to err on the side of caution, I don't much like the "don't even take Tylenol" comment…

Mainly, just listen to YOUR little voice. The  times I've ignored it, I've regretted it!

Prayers that you feel much better, and Ipi kicks mels butt!

TracyLee

TracyLee
          Participant

Karen,

I didn't have a fever with ipi.

Are you comfortable with what the nurse suggested? Because it is YOUR body, and get thee to the ER if you feel something is seriously wrong! Let them sort it out if necessary. 

Better to err on the side of caution, I don't much like the "don't even take Tylenol" comment…

Mainly, just listen to YOUR little voice. The  times I've ignored it, I've regretted it!

Prayers that you feel much better, and Ipi kicks mels butt!

TracyLee

MaryBeth and Jeff
            Participant

Yes my usband experienced this one week afte his 1st dose. Took him in and found he was dehydrated had fluid on his lungs, All quik

cly and successfully  treated with antibiotics and fluids for dehydration.

MaryBeth and Jeff
              Participant

Yes my usband experienced this one week afte his 1st dose. Took him in and found he was dehydrated had fluid on his lungs, All quik

cly and successfully  treated with antibiotics and fluids for dehydration.

NYKaren
                Participant

Hmm.  No, I didn't like her remark about the tylenol, cause what am I supposed to do with a lower-grade fever & the body aches?  I think I'll call again and ask that question.

However, I'm reluctent to go to the ER if they don't know anything about Ipi! 

Thank you both.  I know I'll be upping my fluids for sure!

stay strong,

karen

lhaley
                    Participant

Karen,

You might want to clarify if the tylenol comment was just for high grade fevers or also for low grade.  A few months ago my liver numbers were off. They told me no tylenol till numbers were normal. Tylenol can do some wicked stuff!  My numbers were because of a drug interaction. 

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Karen,

You might want to clarify if the tylenol comment was just for high grade fevers or also for low grade.  A few months ago my liver numbers were off. They told me no tylenol till numbers were normal. Tylenol can do some wicked stuff!  My numbers were because of a drug interaction. 

Linda

NYKaren
                      Participant

Hmm.  No, I didn't like her remark about the tylenol, cause what am I supposed to do with a lower-grade fever & the body aches?  I think I'll call again and ask that question.

However, I'm reluctent to go to the ER if they don't know anything about Ipi! 

Thank you both.  I know I'll be upping my fluids for sure!

stay strong,

karen

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics