The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Need hope and inspiration today!

Forums General Melanoma Community Need hope and inspiration today!

Participant

Hi everyone, 

Hi everyone, 

Just got back from taking my husband to the ER.  One of the dogs accidentally hit my husband on the right shoulder and we heard a crack. This is the shoulder with the mel in it (of course).  I rushed him to the ER hoping it was just dislocated.  No such luck.  His humerus bone is shattered.  But it is the weekend, so they just immobilized it and sent him home with pain meds.  Need to see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP (on Monday hopefully).   We were due to go to UCLA this week for another MRI and SRS  for his brain.   Don't know if we will have to postpone this.   He is in a lot of pain and very grouchy.  I just want to lock myself in the closet and have a small meltdown.  When we think things can't get worse, they do!  I know, just take a deep breath and one day at a time.  But it feels very lonely here. Happy thoughts are needed!!!!

Jan, wife to Dirk (our 22nd wedding anniversary was yesterday) 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi,

Congrats on 22 years of marriage! Sorry that your dogs caused a break in the bones where the mel is…..wishing you a pain free or manageable anyways weekend and that the orthopedic doc can help you out Monday! Melanoma sucks!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Laurie from maine
            Participant

hi,

First a good cry is never a bad thing and it does sound like a rough day for you between injury and grouchiness.  This disease is tough on all but we all now the caregivers take on soo much, allow yourself that cry maybe follow up with a chocolate or drink to celebrate your Anniversary – congrats on 22 years!    Good luck with orthopedic and I hope the pain killers help ease the pain until then.  Good luck!

laurie

Laurie from maine
              Participant

hi,

First a good cry is never a bad thing and it does sound like a rough day for you between injury and grouchiness.  This disease is tough on all but we all now the caregivers take on soo much, allow yourself that cry maybe follow up with a chocolate or drink to celebrate your Anniversary – congrats on 22 years!    Good luck with orthopedic and I hope the pain killers help ease the pain until then.  Good luck!

laurie

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi,

Congrats on 22 years of marriage! Sorry that your dogs caused a break in the bones where the mel is…..wishing you a pain free or manageable anyways weekend and that the orthopedic doc can help you out Monday! Melanoma sucks!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics