The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Need help with possible side effects while on Anti PD1

Forums General Melanoma Community Need help with possible side effects while on Anti PD1

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I need help with couple of symptoms my husband is experiencing while taking MK3475. First, he does continue to respond to anti PD1, tumors in the lung are almost all gone, the liver has only a few way smaller than when he started, lymph nodes are clear 🙂

But suddenly he has develop severe gastritis (Docs don't know the reason for it). He has been suffering now for over a month eventhough he has a load of medications to help ease the pain/acidity/nausea/vomitting. At least, now, nausea and vomitting are gone…but the pain when he eats still there. His diet is all home made pure soups which he is tolerating now and liquids. Don't know what else to do to help him, any suggestions?

Second problem – he is experiencing low blood pressure (80/58, 78/48) but no dizziness, ligthheadness, etc. He does sleep a lot, he is constantly fatigued! He has gone couple of times for fluids. Tomorrow morning if his pressure continues low, I will take him again for more fluids to see if that helps. No other reason for the low BP!

Suggestions? Anyone on anti PD1 trial experiencing similar symptoms? 

Thank you so much for all your help and support. 

Elenise

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Hey Elenise,

I suspect you haven't gotten much response to your question because not many have experienced the low blood pressure.  I haven't heard of that one before.  My blood pressure dropped some during the year I was on interferon and I would get some terrible head rushes if I stood up to fast but nothing like the numbers you reported above.  Hopefully the fluids will help that.

Seems like more people have colitis than gastritis but maybe the same things that help with colitis would help with gastritis.  Perhaps you could do a search on here for colitis and get some recommendations.

Good luck and congrats on the results.  Sounds like your husband is doing great with the exception of these two things.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Hey Elenise,

I suspect you haven't gotten much response to your question because not many have experienced the low blood pressure.  I haven't heard of that one before.  My blood pressure dropped some during the year I was on interferon and I would get some terrible head rushes if I stood up to fast but nothing like the numbers you reported above.  Hopefully the fluids will help that.

Seems like more people have colitis than gastritis but maybe the same things that help with colitis would help with gastritis.  Perhaps you could do a search on here for colitis and get some recommendations.

Good luck and congrats on the results.  Sounds like your husband is doing great with the exception of these two things.

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Hey Elenise,

Brian

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics