- November 25, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Need feedback on Path report. Here below.
My Sisters Husband has just Diagnosed with Demsoplastic ( spindled cell ) Melanoma.
As we all know who are in this club how devastating your initial findings are.
I encourging my sister and brother in law to sign up on Melanoma.org and I hope they will.
thanks ALL Raco (robbie borum)
Right Cheek, excision
• Desmoplastic (spindled cell ) Melanoma
• Maximum Thickness : 4.35 mm
• Ulceration – not identified
• Microsatellite – not identified
• Peripheral margins;; involved with invasive and IN Situ Melanoma.
• Deep margins:: Free invasive Melanoma (closed Margin 0.7 mm)
• Mitotic Rate – Less than 1 Mitoses per square MM.
• Clerks Level ; V (melanoma invades subcutis)
• Lymph-Vascular – not identified
• Neurotropism – presemt
• Infiltrating Lymphocytes – present, non – brisk.
• Regression – Not identified
• Pathologic Stage: pT4a ( melanoma greater than 4.0 MM in thickness, no ulceration.)
- November 25, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Hi Raco, this Mike, someone will read this report for you, give it time for folks to have coffee & wake up on this fine Sunday morning! God only knows i cant read it! hahaha…
- November 25, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Hi Melanoma Mike, it is a pretty standard report which shows a need for WLE and SLNB to be done based on depth of primary. When it comes to the face it can get complicated based on how big the margins will be, sometimes a plastic surgeon is involved. I have no back gound with how to deal with a face WLE, that is the reason I didn't post earlier, I to was hoping someone with a face WLE in the past would have answer the original post. Take Care Mike!!!
- November 26, 2018 at 2:12 am
Hello! My melanoma was found on my left cheek. They removed WLE 1cm around the lesion on October 10th and SLNB on my neck in which they removed 2 lymph nodes (one came back positive so that made me stage 3A) Then on Oct 12th I had a plastic surgery to reconstruct my cheek. It looks like your brother-in-law might need a procedure more or less like mine.
- November 26, 2018 at 2:33 pm
thank you for your input….. He had surgery almost two weeks ago and they did a Wide incision, 1/2 Moon Shape from his upper cheek by his ear, toward his mouth and back down along his jaw bone almost to his lower ear.
From what My sister said, they attempted to get the SLNB but when they did the biopisy, it was only fatty tissue they got. ( missed the SLN.)
Hoping my sister gets signed so she can give all the information
Casitas1ParticipantHi Robbie, Be sure to have your brother and sister focus on the Neurotropic aspect when researching. They will find that while locally aggressive it rarely spreds to distant parts of body. I have had 5 nodes including sentinel all come back negative. All these years I’ve only had MRIs head and neck and CT of lungs. Where’s he being treated? Best, Paul
- November 26, 2018 at 3:56 pm
- November 26, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Dont have alot to go on but his Path Report and that he is seeing a Dr. from At Virginia Oncology Associates (VOA). They saw him once so far and have ordered PET and Brain MRI for starters.
According to my sister, this Dr. said he had not heard alot about this Desmoplastic (spindled cell ) Melanoma and said he wanted to run the above test to see if he needs to refer him somewhere else. Alot up in the Air right now. and As you and I know, the first month or so, we are being hit from all directions and anything we hear, we tend to think the worst.
also apparently they missed his lymph nodes to biopsy. They had it marked in his neck but what they took it out, the Pathologist said it was just fatty tissue and not a lymph node. ( now what )
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.