The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Need help please

Forums General Melanoma Community Need help please

Participant
      My mom’s liver lesion grew from 1 cm to 4 cm and she is now in pain just below her ribs , She is not able to eat and starts complaining of pain even after eating a little . I am thinking it is due to the tumour growing , did anyone experience something similar ? Do liver lesions as big as 4 cm cause pain ?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MelMel
        Participant
          My largest liver lesion was 7 cm and I was unable to move my right shoulder from immense, sharp right upper back (under the shoulder blade) and shoulder pain. Now, it is under 3 cm and I still have occasional pain but it’s much more tolerable, dull and I am able to move my shoulder. While others may disagree, I found diet to be crucial. She needs easily digestable food, as the liver is already taxed and working overtime to clean the body from toxins plus under stress with the melanoma tumor. Raw fruits and fresh, as well as cooked vegetables and soups are easily digested and provide essential nutrition. Fresh, homemade juices are extremely beneficial as well. I found incredible pain relief using high grade tumeric. Please remember that the body functions as a multipart machine and things are not isolated to just one organ. The illness, as well as the medications may affect the stomach and acid reflux may also be an issue. Proper diet is essential.
          Hope your mom finds relief soon.
          Melanie
          Affected
          Participant
            Hi Sks2019,

Although it is my husband who has melanoma, my own liver stats are off the charts. I’ve had an MRI and luckily no sign of any tumors. I have been told that I just need to eat better, and since I am not an alcohol drinker, that means cutting out sugars and fats. I’ve taken that on board by cutting out my habitual eating of sugary sweets and have lost much needed weight; I feel much better physically now. Someone told me to notice that the much used phrase of “the essential proteins and fats” does not include “the essential carbohydrates”. I have therefore begun to do some research on sugar, and as of yet I still need to find a paper that points out any health benefits from our intake of it. As diabetes also seems to be one of the side effects of taking immunotherapy, my husband has cut down on his intake of sweets just in case. Hang in there. Your mother is very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter.

Best wishes,
            Affected

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics