The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

need help about ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community need help about ipi

Participant

my husband had gama knife end of june five brain mets, what can we do next?

my husband had gama knife end of june five brain mets, what can we do next?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryBeth and Jeff
        Participant

Wish I can tell you what next. But I can share what Yervoy did for my husbands brain mets…19 of them. All either gone or insignificant.  Gamma Knife Rad clearly stated it was the Yervoy not the gamma that did it. Unfortunately, Yervoy has not been successful in his body. But we know now from this that Yervoy DID pass the blood brain barrier with success.

arnie and sherry
            Participant

Thank you mary for writing  I am knew to writing on here my husband arnie went to the doctor  tuesday and i asked him about ipi he said with having gama knife he did not need it right now but he said he would check into it he sent some tissue off  to be tested   i guess for clinical trials

arnie and sherry
              Participant

Thank you mary for writing  I am knew to writing on here my husband arnie went to the doctor  tuesday and i asked him about ipi he said with having gama knife he did not need it right now but he said he would check into it he sent some tissue off  to be tested   i guess for clinical trials

MaryBeth and Jeff
              Participant

Wish I can tell you what next. But I can share what Yervoy did for my husbands brain mets…19 of them. All either gone or insignificant.  Gamma Knife Rad clearly stated it was the Yervoy not the gamma that did it. Unfortunately, Yervoy has not been successful in his body. But we know now from this that Yervoy DID pass the blood brain barrier with success.

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Yervoy, BRAF inhibtors, IL-2, and ordinary chemo are some options. However, your husband's oncologist will need to give you his opinion on what treatment could be tried next. A lot depends on your husband's condition, and ideally a medical oncologist should be consulted.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Yervoy, BRAF inhibtors, IL-2, and ordinary chemo are some options. However, your husband's oncologist will need to give you his opinion on what treatment could be tried next. A lot depends on your husband's condition, and ideally a medical oncologist should be consulted.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics