The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NEDDay/Birthday

Forums General Melanoma Community NEDDay/Birthday

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am truly most humbled as this day marks the 5th year since my last surgery for recurrent melanoma.  It is also my birthday, so every year that passes is a true blessing.

I have had a little virtual party, of sotrts, going on at OTBB today and would invite anyone who cares to venture over there to do so and do a little reading.  My profile is under Kimmer or can be viewed by clicking on my name.  I only direct anyone there in the interest of offering hope.

Hope can overshadow any of our fears if we just surrender to it.

Hi Everyone,

I am truly most humbled as this day marks the 5th year since my last surgery for recurrent melanoma.  It is also my birthday, so every year that passes is a true blessing.

I have had a little virtual party, of sotrts, going on at OTBB today and would invite anyone who cares to venture over there to do so and do a little reading.  My profile is under Kimmer or can be viewed by clicking on my name.  I only direct anyone there in the interest of offering hope.

Hope can overshadow any of our fears if we just surrender to it.

Love and the very best thoughts to all!

k.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Congratulations!  Great milestone.  Raising a virtual glass to toast your success.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

Congratulations!  Great milestone.  Raising a virtual glass to toast your success.

Mary

Stage 3

KatyWI
            Participant

Happy NED-i-versary!

Happy NED-i-versary!

Happy NED-i-versary!

HAAAAAAAPPYYY  NED-i-versary!

Happy happy happy happy

Happy NED-i-versary!

….. sung to the tune of the Happy Anniversary song from the Flintstones.  smiley

KatyWI

p.s. "Surrender to hope."  I like that.

KatyWI
              Participant

Happy NED-i-versary!

Happy NED-i-versary!

Happy NED-i-versary!

HAAAAAAAPPYYY  NED-i-versary!

Happy happy happy happy

Happy NED-i-versary!

….. sung to the tune of the Happy Anniversary song from the Flintstones.  smiley

KatyWI

p.s. "Surrender to hope."  I like that.

BarbieGirl
                Participant

Happy NEDiversary, Happy Birthday and Hoppy, er. Happy Easter!!  Seems like a great time to celebrate!!!

~Lisa~

ps.. I was diagnosed on my 39th birthday.  THAT year sucked!!!  (2001—lost my dad, my best friend lost her 13-yr-old son, and the melanoma.)  But 10+ years later, I am rejoicing this weekend:  celebrating Christ's ressurection, and my life—never thought I'd see this day!!  *Hugz*

BarbieGirl
                  Participant

Happy NEDiversary, Happy Birthday and Hoppy, er. Happy Easter!!  Seems like a great time to celebrate!!!

~Lisa~

ps.. I was diagnosed on my 39th birthday.  THAT year sucked!!!  (2001—lost my dad, my best friend lost her 13-yr-old son, and the melanoma.)  But 10+ years later, I am rejoicing this weekend:  celebrating Christ's ressurection, and my life—never thought I'd see this day!!  *Hugz*

jimjoeb
                    Participant

Congratualations!!!!!

jimjoeb
                      Participant

Congratualations!!!!!

Carol Taylor
                        Participant

Doubly happy day, K! Keep Hope alive!

Thank you for Your mercy, Lord!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                          Participant

Doubly happy day, K! Keep Hope alive!

Thank you for Your mercy, Lord!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Suzan AB
                            Participant

Doing the Happy Dance for You…tatada…Congrats and thanks for posting creating HOPE!

My best, Suzan AB

Suzan AB
                              Participant

Doing the Happy Dance for You…tatada…Congrats and thanks for posting creating HOPE!

My best, Suzan AB

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics