The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED on Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community NED on Zelboraf

Participant

I have actually struggled quite a bit over writing this, with so many suffering so much. My hope is to bring encouragement to weary ones.

I have actually struggled quite a bit over writing this, with so many suffering so much. My hope is to bring encouragement to weary ones.

I started on Zelboraf in May, then had to be taken off for nearly 3 weeks due to severe reaction ( hideous spreading rash). I went back on at a reduced dosage ( 720 twice a day). Tumors were in more than one area of my pancreas, in the messentery infront of pancreas, one near my aorta, one in my back muscle. I had my first PET/CT on Monday the 6th and on Tuesday the Oncologist reported that scans show NO evidence of Disease. None. Everything is gone. He was so thrilled to share this news with us, and we are praising God for this wonderful answer to prayer.

The current plan is for me to continue on Z at current dosage, re-scan in abt 3 months, then possibly lower the dosage to minimize side effects if scan is still clear. I am having the full range of side effects, it seems… though after this news, I dont mind them as much!

Again, I hope others can and will find encouragement from this.

With a grateful heart

Tina

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Such fantastic news!    Aways post good news, we need it it!!    I'm getting ready to start the zelbaraf in about 2 weeks for brain mets.   

lhaley
          Participant

Such fantastic news!    Aways post good news, we need it it!!    I'm getting ready to start the zelbaraf in about 2 weeks for brain mets.   

lhaley
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Great news Tina, thanks for sharing! I started in April and have finally seen the nausea gone, over a month now. Joint pain left me for a month too, but returned, and my hair is almost gone. I got a wig. Great results do make it all worthwhile. It is working for me too, I have a tumor in my right ventricle. Serious real estate, the heart. Linda- have hope -I can tell you I KNOW Zel can work in the brain, and very quickly!
                awillett1991
                Participant
                  Great news Tina, thanks for sharing! I started in April and have finally seen the nausea gone, over a month now. Joint pain left me for a month too, but returned, and my hair is almost gone. I got a wig. Great results do make it all worthwhile. It is working for me too, I have a tumor in my right ventricle. Serious real estate, the heart. Linda- have hope -I can tell you I KNOW Zel can work in the brain, and very quickly!
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    awillett1991
                    Participant
                      awillett1991
                      Participant
                        awillett1991
                        Participant
                          Nell
                          Participant

Just terrific!!!!  I surely do believe in answered prayers.  Keep us posted  and many blessings.

Nell
                            Participant

Just terrific!!!!  I surely do believe in answered prayers.  Keep us posted  and many blessings.

Nell
                              Participant

triciad
                                Participant

Tina,

Great news like this should always be shared…it's inspiring!  Here's to a lifetime of NED!!!!  Congratulations and go out and celebrate!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Tina,

Great news like this should always be shared…it's inspiring!  Here's to a lifetime of NED!!!!  Congratulations and go out and celebrate!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Tina,

Tricia

Richard_K
                                      Participant

Tina

Great news and thanks for sharing.  Zelboraf can work wonders.

Dick

Richard_K
                                        Participant

Tina

Dick

Richard_K
                                          Participant

Tina

Dick

Snickers60
                                              Participant

WAY TO GO, TINA !!!!!!!    DONTCHA JUST LOVE THAT NAME, "NED" ???   I pray you will enjoy many, many, many years with that NEW NAME !     Hubby Wayne was NED in 7 weeks on ZEL  (mets to liver, lungs, sternum, spine, leg bone) – we scan again next week !

WHOOO HOOO for you – please keep us posted !   I too felt a little guilty posting such good results so quickly, but this is what those who are struggling NEED to hear !   Thanks for sharing !

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)

Snickers60
                                                Participant

WAY TO GO, TINA !!!!!!!    DONTCHA JUST LOVE THAT NAME, "NED" ???   I pray you will enjoy many, many, many years with that NEW NAME !     Hubby Wayne was NED in 7 weeks on ZEL  (mets to liver, lungs, sternum, spine, leg bone) – we scan again next week !

WHOOO HOOO for you – please keep us posted !   I too felt a little guilty posting such good results so quickly, but this is what those who are struggling NEED to hear !   Thanks for sharing !

mhensley1
                                                  Participant

Thanks for sharing on the Zelboraf…..the bio-chemo is so rough on my husband who has stage IV melanoma mets to the hip bone. We are considering using this. 

mhensley1
                                                    Participant

Thanks for sharing on the Zelboraf…..the bio-chemo is so rough on my husband who has stage IV melanoma mets to the hip bone. We are considering using this. 

mhensley1
                                                      Participant

Snickers60
                                                        Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics