The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED for 2 years

Forums General Melanoma Community NED for 2 years

Participant
      hi all,not sure how to word this does being NED for 2 years reduced chances of reccurrence as i know i’m far from in the clear overall
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Congratulations on your NED status! My husband reached his 2 year this November as well. I don’t have an answer to your question directly I can tell you that my husband had stage 2 in 2013 treated with surgery. Stage 3 in 2015 treated with more surgery and radiation and stage 4 in 2018 treated with radiation and combination immunotherapy. I think there are a lot of variables like stage and treatment and age and overall health. I do hope you go and live your life though. It’s hard to go about things when the boogeyman is always hiding around the corner. I wish you happy holidays and I hope you find some comfort in other people’s stories on this forum. There are a lot of long term survivors and there have been so many wonderful medical advances in the last 5 years.
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Congrats!!! Two years NED is excellent. The data and melanoma researchers have demonstrated that the 3 year NED mark is kind of the golden ticket for us Stage IV folks. But, bottom line – every minute you stay NED is wonderful and bodes well for a decreased chance of recurrence. Enjoy and have a great holiday season. Celeste
            poppymac
            Participant
              hi,Celeste, thankyou for your as usual expert reply, i like many others here see you as an expert oncolgist on this forum

happy holidays to you and yours

fergal

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics