The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Neck tumors pressing on throat really hard – any ideas for relief?

Forums General Melanoma Community Neck tumors pressing on throat really hard – any ideas for relief?

Participant

My neck tumors are pressing on my throat now all the time. If feels like they are obstructing my throat. Last Saturday I made the mistake of eating solid food and I literally almost choked to death. Now I can't eat much. I have to sleep in recliner for my back but can't hardly sleep anymore with this stuff pressing on throat waking me back up all the time.

Any ideas what I can do for relief?

im supposed to start radiation tomorrow Monday but he says it will get worse before it gets better. I never did hear from my med onc surgeon as to why he couldn't surgery it.

my anxiety is through the roof. Even just sitting up and doing nothing I start choking. I think I only have a couple days fight left in me if I can't get relief.

i am so angry at myself for allowing that med onc to delay the biopsy 29 days. Stupid mistake. I didn't have this issue nearly this bad back then.

Artie

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        JustMeInCA
        Participant

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Artie. Remember that anxiety makes everything worse and can exacerbate your symptoms. I used to have panic attacks, and when they'd hit, I felt like my throat was closing, so I can only imagine how you feel. Hopefully the radiation will work more quickly than your doctor thinks, but surely they won't let you just go home if they feel there's a risk of you choking to death. 

And don't be so angry at yourself about the delayed biopsy. You had no way of knowing, and anger won't help anything now. You have to try to be gentle with yourself these days to try to keep that anxiety down. I know you believe in God, so remember that everything is part of His plan. Hold fast to that faith in your darkest hours. 

Finally, I haven't gotten a response about that UCSF study. I'll be there this week, so I will hunt someone down if I have to and find out. 

Hang in there. Hugs. 

JustMeInCA
          Participant

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Artie. Remember that anxiety makes everything worse and can exacerbate your symptoms. I used to have panic attacks, and when they'd hit, I felt like my throat was closing, so I can only imagine how you feel. Hopefully the radiation will work more quickly than your doctor thinks, but surely they won't let you just go home if they feel there's a risk of you choking to death. 

And don't be so angry at yourself about the delayed biopsy. You had no way of knowing, and anger won't help anything now. You have to try to be gentle with yourself these days to try to keep that anxiety down. I know you believe in God, so remember that everything is part of His plan. Hold fast to that faith in your darkest hours. 

Finally, I haven't gotten a response about that UCSF study. I'll be there this week, so I will hunt someone down if I have to and find out. 

Hang in there. Hugs. 

JustMeInCA
            Participant

Hang in there. Hugs. 

Owl
              Participant

Hi Artie,

this is a really hard time you are going through, I wish I had any idea how to help you. Please look after yourself. Try to get someone who can help you with these problems, ok? I fully agree that you have to be gentle to yourself…please don't waste your energy for something like anxiety or self-reproach. You have come so far and you are so strong.

I am thinking of you and send you some more strength over the Atlantic.

Jenny

Owl
                Participant

Hi Artie,

this is a really hard time you are going through, I wish I had any idea how to help you. Please look after yourself. Try to get someone who can help you with these problems, ok? I fully agree that you have to be gentle to yourself…please don't waste your energy for something like anxiety or self-reproach. You have come so far and you are so strong.

Jenny

Owl
                  Participant

Hi Artie,

Jenny

JoshF
                    Participant

Artie-

I hate hearing that you're suffering with this pain, discomfort and anxiety. Anything they can tell in terms of props or something that can help with positioning of neck? I know you said it will be worse from radiation before it gets BETTER. You are going to beat this back and get better, I'm pulling and praying for you.

Josh

tschmith
                        Participant

Artie,  I will be praying so hard today that you will soon find some comfort.  Today is the day that this nasty disease in your neck and shoulder gets a smack down.  I hope you can find something to help with the anxiety…

Remember, you never fight alone.

I so admire your strength and courage.  You will get through this and will be stronger than ever.

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                          Participant

Artie,  I will be praying so hard today that you will soon find some comfort.  Today is the day that this nasty disease in your neck and shoulder gets a smack down.  I hope you can find something to help with the anxiety…

I so admire your strength and courage.  You will get through this and will be stronger than ever.

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                            Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                              Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                                Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                                  Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                                    Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                                      Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

tschmith
                                        Participant

Sending Hugs…Terrie

JoshF
                                        Participant

Artie-

I hate hearing that you're suffering with this pain, discomfort and anxiety. Anything they can tell in terms of props or something that can help with positioning of neck? I know you said it will be worse from radiation before it gets BETTER. You are going to beat this back and get better, I'm pulling and praying for you.

Josh

JoshF
                                          Participant

Artie-

Josh

kylez
                                            Participant

That's scary Artie. You need to get some kind of relief, or be referred to whoever can provide that relief. There's your appointment tomorrow. Also, and/or, it may be worth considering going to the E.R. today. On the one hand I don't know if that would make things worse as far as delaying moving ahead with treatment. But what it sounds like you're saying is that something needs to be done, soon, ASAP or immediately.

I don't remember whether you go for radiation locally, and if your local onc, surgeon, rad oncologist and local E.R. are all be the same place. Don't know if the E.R. docs would help light a fire under your regular docs. 

kylez
                                              Participant

That's scary Artie. You need to get some kind of relief, or be referred to whoever can provide that relief. There's your appointment tomorrow. Also, and/or, it may be worth considering going to the E.R. today. On the one hand I don't know if that would make things worse as far as delaying moving ahead with treatment. But what it sounds like you're saying is that something needs to be done, soon, ASAP or immediately.

I don't remember whether you go for radiation locally, and if your local onc, surgeon, rad oncologist and local E.R. are all be the same place. Don't know if the E.R. docs would help light a fire under your regular docs. 

kylez
                                                Participant

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Oh, Artie!  I don't have any amazing ideas.  I do fear that perhaps you may have had some swelling after your biopsy??  I also fear your radiologist might be right to warn of increased swelling at first when radiation is started.  Be sure to make it clear to your docs how difficult it is for you to eat, breath, and rest….though you probably have.  Mostly just hang in there.  I've been keeping you in my heart.  Wishing you relief very soon!!!  Celeste

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

Oh, Artie!  I don't have any amazing ideas.  I do fear that perhaps you may have had some swelling after your biopsy??  I also fear your radiologist might be right to warn of increased swelling at first when radiation is started.  Be sure to make it clear to your docs how difficult it is for you to eat, breath, and rest….though you probably have.  Mostly just hang in there.  I've been keeping you in my heart.  Wishing you relief very soon!!!  Celeste

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

kpcollins31
                                                        Participant

Artie,

I hate to even suggest this, but perhaps ER is the right route… sounds like you are at high risk of having your airway obstructed which is obviously scary. Worst case, they could tube you to keep the airway open as they would do in surgery. Unpleasant, but you would be able to breathe with less anxiety. Then hopefully the radiation gets you relief on the tumor size and they could pull the tube out. They may have other options at the ER also, but if it were me and I was not getting any good suggestions from my oncologist, then I would be headed to the ER. Hang in there, buddy. Praying for you.

Kevin 

kpcollins31
                                                          Participant

Artie,

I hate to even suggest this, but perhaps ER is the right route… sounds like you are at high risk of having your airway obstructed which is obviously scary. Worst case, they could tube you to keep the airway open as they would do in surgery. Unpleasant, but you would be able to breathe with less anxiety. Then hopefully the radiation gets you relief on the tumor size and they could pull the tube out. They may have other options at the ER also, but if it were me and I was not getting any good suggestions from my oncologist, then I would be headed to the ER. Hang in there, buddy. Praying for you.

Kevin 

kpcollins31
                                                            Participant

Artie,

Kevin 

StephyD83
                                                              Participant
                                                                Hi Artie-
                                                                I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I would suggest going to the ER so they can help you. You should not have to suffer like this at all.
                                                                Prayers to you Artie!!
                                                                StephyD83
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Hi Artie-
                                                                  I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I would suggest going to the ER so they can help you. You should not have to suffer like this at all.
                                                                  Prayers to you Artie!!
                                                                  StephyD83
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Hi Artie-
                                                                    Prayers to you Artie!!
                                                                      msue5
                                                                      Participant

Hi Artie

Sorryabout your scary situation. I was in a similar place 1 1/2 yrs ago. I had metastatic nodes between my esopahagus and aorta which had grown despite 2 surgeries and a course of Cyberknife. I was started on Yervoy and right before 3rd infusion all the nodes in my neck started swelling to the point I was having trouble swallowing. I had to be careful eating using small bites and make sure I dint look down. A CT of the neck revealed large groups of swollen nodes so it was decided I had to have immediate radiation along with Yervoy. The 1 thing that prompted this was the fact that I was having trouble swallowing liquids. That is more dangerous than difficulty with food as it is easier to aspirate liquids into the lung than food which can quickly turn into pneumonia. The one thing that we did before both Cyberknife and the 4 weeks of radiation was to start on a PPI(Nexium, Prilosec etc). Some of your problems could be reflux and you will most likely need it after radiation. I had really bad esophagitis after both Radiations. It feels like you are swallowing nails but thankfully it lasted only a week. I still suffer from reflux but a different kind called Laryngopharyongeal Reflux or LPR.  If you already aren't on Nexium or another PPI I would ask about it. It could ease some of the symptoms you are having now. If you have any questions about neck radiation let me know. I also had swelling of a huge group of nodes the size of my fist on my clavicle. This was all determined to be from Yervoy but at first it was thought to be all tumors since Yervoy makes tumors larger at first but it was decided it was all T Cell inflammation due to enhanced reaction since I have Lupus. Inwish you well. Scary time, I know.

Mary Sue

msue5
                                                                        Participant

Hi Artie

Sorryabout your scary situation. I was in a similar place 1 1/2 yrs ago. I had metastatic nodes between my esopahagus and aorta which had grown despite 2 surgeries and a course of Cyberknife. I was started on Yervoy and right before 3rd infusion all the nodes in my neck started swelling to the point I was having trouble swallowing. I had to be careful eating using small bites and make sure I dint look down. A CT of the neck revealed large groups of swollen nodes so it was decided I had to have immediate radiation along with Yervoy. The 1 thing that prompted this was the fact that I was having trouble swallowing liquids. That is more dangerous than difficulty with food as it is easier to aspirate liquids into the lung than food which can quickly turn into pneumonia. The one thing that we did before both Cyberknife and the 4 weeks of radiation was to start on a PPI(Nexium, Prilosec etc). Some of your problems could be reflux and you will most likely need it after radiation. I had really bad esophagitis after both Radiations. It feels like you are swallowing nails but thankfully it lasted only a week. I still suffer from reflux but a different kind called Laryngopharyongeal Reflux or LPR.  If you already aren't on Nexium or another PPI I would ask about it. It could ease some of the symptoms you are having now. If you have any questions about neck radiation let me know. I also had swelling of a huge group of nodes the size of my fist on my clavicle. This was all determined to be from Yervoy but at first it was thought to be all tumors since Yervoy makes tumors larger at first but it was decided it was all T Cell inflammation due to enhanced reaction since I have Lupus. Inwish you well. Scary time, I know.

Mary Sue

msue5
                                                                          Participant

Hi Artie

Mary Sue

Momrn5
                                                                          Participant

So sorry to hear this Artie.  There are things that can be done to assist you with getting nourishment if you can't swallow or eat while getting the radiation treatments.  If you are choking with eating solid foods then maybe try some high calorie non milk based nutritional supplements. They are thicker than thin liquids so you may be able to tolerate them better.  Juice Plus comes to mind.  Also, if truly an emergent situation, there are ways to give you nourishment that are a little more invasive but not horrible such as like a PEG tube to get you over the hump while you are going through the radiation which hopefully will shrink those tumors. Talk to your MD about your options.  You have. Options.  Good Luck, Artie, hang in there.

Momrn5
                                                                              Participant

I am also wondering if just having a small amount of oxygen through a nasal cannula might make it a little easier for you to breathe. At least maybe would help with the inspiratory effort.  Might look into that too.

Momrn5
                                                                                Participant

I am also wondering if just having a small amount of oxygen through a nasal cannula might make it a little easier for you to breathe. At least maybe would help with the inspiratory effort.  Might look into that too.

Momrn5
                                                                                  Participant

Momrn5
                                                                                  Participant

So sorry to hear this Artie.  There are things that can be done to assist you with getting nourishment if you can't swallow or eat while getting the radiation treatments.  If you are choking with eating solid foods then maybe try some high calorie non milk based nutritional supplements. They are thicker than thin liquids so you may be able to tolerate them better.  Juice Plus comes to mind.  Also, if truly an emergent situation, there are ways to give you nourishment that are a little more invasive but not horrible such as like a PEG tube to get you over the hump while you are going through the radiation which hopefully will shrink those tumors. Talk to your MD about your options.  You have. Options.  Good Luck, Artie, hang in there.

Momrn5
                                                                                    Participant

Ginger8888
                                                                                      Participant

So sorry to hear this, i have a friend that had radiation on his throat and the only thing he could get down was nutritional drinks..They got him through it..You have to try to get nutrients in your body..Best of luck

Ginger8888
                                                                                        Participant

So sorry to hear this, i have a friend that had radiation on his throat and the only thing he could get down was nutritional drinks..They got him through it..You have to try to get nutrients in your body..Best of luck

Ginger8888
                                                                                          Participant

Nell
                                                                                            Participant

God bless you, Artie. I am praying for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray for the doctors to have skill and wisdom, and for you to have peace and healing. Thank you for all the encouragement you give all of us….we are here for you. 

Nell
                                                                                              Participant

God bless you, Artie. I am praying for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray for the doctors to have skill and wisdom, and for you to have peace and healing. Thank you for all the encouragement you give all of us….we are here for you. 

Nell
                                                                                                Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                  Participant

Hey Artie,

I know where you are coming from on this high anxiety issue. A bit of anxiety can keep us on our toes but too much and it can be debilitating and actually have physical effects impacting breathing and thought processing, I am sure you alerted your Mel Onc but I think the visit to or your keeping the E.R. Option on the table will provide some comfort that your not going yo stop breathing in your recliner. Do they have any of those visiting nurses in your area that found come sit with you during times nobody is around? It might be comforting knowing somebody is close by to help if you needed. Once you have  certainty that you could quickly get help if needed u can then address the anxiety aspect. MSK in NYC routinely refers its cancer patients over to its behavioral medicine unit for assistance with anxiety issues and the like. You might want to consider setting up a referral for one in your area and perhaps have a conversation around redirecting the anxiety and possibly pick up a temporary script to allow for easier sleep and most importantly something that can take the edge of the anxiety allowing your brain and body to more rationally work through the challenge at hand. You have a great head on your shoulders and have helped out so many people on this site. You have shown all of us the importance of being our own health advocate and having our plan A and B's thought through. You got lots of game left in you and I am confident that you getting through this very uncomfortable anxiety magnified period brings you back out into the sunshine where do you can finish off the melanoma beast and move back on with your life. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                    Participant

Hey Artie,

I know where you are coming from on this high anxiety issue. A bit of anxiety can keep us on our toes but too much and it can be debilitating and actually have physical effects impacting breathing and thought processing, I am sure you alerted your Mel Onc but I think the visit to or your keeping the E.R. Option on the table will provide some comfort that your not going yo stop breathing in your recliner. Do they have any of those visiting nurses in your area that found come sit with you during times nobody is around? It might be comforting knowing somebody is close by to help if you needed. Once you have  certainty that you could quickly get help if needed u can then address the anxiety aspect. MSK in NYC routinely refers its cancer patients over to its behavioral medicine unit for assistance with anxiety issues and the like. You might want to consider setting up a referral for one in your area and perhaps have a conversation around redirecting the anxiety and possibly pick up a temporary script to allow for easier sleep and most importantly something that can take the edge of the anxiety allowing your brain and body to more rationally work through the challenge at hand. You have a great head on your shoulders and have helped out so many people on this site. You have shown all of us the importance of being our own health advocate and having our plan A and B's thought through. You got lots of game left in you and I am confident that you getting through this very uncomfortable anxiety magnified period brings you back out into the sunshine where do you can finish off the melanoma beast and move back on with your life. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                      Participant

Hey Artie,

eturner82
                                                                                                        Participant

Artie, just wanted you to know im keeping you in my prayers. God Bless

Emily

eturner82
                                                                                                          Participant

Emily

Maureen038
                                                                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry Artie. I hope the radiation helps soon. You will definitely be in my prayers. Everyone gave you great advice.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry Artie. I hope the radiation helps soon. You will definitely be in my prayers. Everyone gave you great advice.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                  Participant

Maureen

eturner82
                                                                                                                  Participant

Emily

jualonso
                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Artie,

To be honest i dont have any idea what to do, but i hope your docs give you one asap.

Thinking of you

Juan

jualonso
                                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Artie,

To be honest i dont have any idea what to do, but i hope your docs give you one asap.

Thinking of you

Juan

jualonso
                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Artie,

Thinking of you

Juan

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                          Participant

I'm rather worried about Artie. I read his original post late Sunday night/early Monday morning, which means that two days have now gone by. Since he had his doctor's appointment Monday, I'm wondering if they might have hospitalized him. I remember he mentioned in another post that he had a couple people here also as Facebook friends. If anyone has heard anything, please update!

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                            Participant

I'm rather worried about Artie. I read his original post late Sunday night/early Monday morning, which means that two days have now gone by. Since he had his doctor's appointment Monday, I'm wondering if they might have hospitalized him. I remember he mentioned in another post that he had a couple people here also as Facebook friends. If anyone has heard anything, please update!

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                              Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                                                                                                Participant

I'm ok. Thdank you everyone. Fighting hard pretty good. Feeling better this morning. Been getting radiation to throat and neck and shoulder large are. Get third today. They have ran some swallow test and no obstructions. Could only do stand up part cause lay part was massive spine pain. So when eatting gets to bad I stand to eat which works ok. They got other tests they can do but radiation doc .thinks there is a mass pressing on throat causing the pressure  so wants to wait for radiation to work. He does not believe thre is anything internal blocking it. Mom and dad cut stuff up very small for moms home made soup so I can sort of eat that and keep my strength up ok. Plus my almond milk with spirutein in it so only lost 2 pounds so far.

my right hip they will do a ct today to see what is with that . Can't walk very good with all its pain. But it seems to be getting better on own today.

lots of pain though on fentanyl patch and oxycodone pills.

so im doing pretty good tired a lot. They even gave me anxiety pill. Never thought I would not be able to control my own thoughts.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                                                                                  Participant

I'm ok. Thdank you everyone. Fighting hard pretty good. Feeling better this morning. Been getting radiation to throat and neck and shoulder large are. Get third today. They have ran some swallow test and no obstructions. Could only do stand up part cause lay part was massive spine pain. So when eatting gets to bad I stand to eat which works ok. They got other tests they can do but radiation doc .thinks there is a mass pressing on throat causing the pressure  so wants to wait for radiation to work. He does not believe thre is anything internal blocking it. Mom and dad cut stuff up very small for moms home made soup so I can sort of eat that and keep my strength up ok. Plus my almond milk with spirutein in it so only lost 2 pounds so far.

my right hip they will do a ct today to see what is with that . Can't walk very good with all its pain. But it seems to be getting better on own today.

so im doing pretty good tired a lot. They even gave me anxiety pill. Never thought I would not be able to control my own thoughts.

Artie

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Its really good to hear from you again Artie and it sounds like you are taking a turn for the positive with regard to your neck tumor. Don't sweat using some form of medication to get past anxiety. Hell, none of us signed up for this, that's for sure! If I were in your shoes I don't think I would be coping half as well as you are.

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Amen, to that, Paul!!!  Artie, you are amazing.  You have handled so much with grace and strength.  Good to hear from you.  Hang in there!!!  Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Amen, to that, Paul!!!  Artie, you are amazing.  You have handled so much with grace and strength.  Good to hear from you.  Hang in there!!!  Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Brendan
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Good to hear from you, Artie.  I started an antidepressant in October.  And, like you, I never thought I'd need anything to help me with my thoughts.  The pills have helped me relax and I feel much better mentally .  I hope they help you as well.

Good luck to you,

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Good to hear from you, Artie.  I started an antidepressant in October.  And, like you, I never thought I'd need anything to help me with my thoughts.  The pills have helped me relax and I feel much better mentally .  I hope they help you as well.

Good luck to you,

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Good luck to you,

Brendan

Nell
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Yay Artie!  I have been watching for a post from you.  So glad you are getting help! You have my prayers. I was at Siteman this week for scans…..thought of you.   God bless.

Nell
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Yay Artie!  I have been watching for a post from you.  So glad you are getting help! You have my prayers. I was at Siteman this week for scans…..thought of you.   God bless.

Nell
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Its really good to hear from you again Artie and it sounds like you are taking a turn for the positive with regard to your neck tumor. Don't sweat using some form of medication to get past anxiety. Hell, none of us signed up for this, that's for sure! If I were in your shoes I don't think I would be coping half as well as you are.

_Paul_
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Artie,

This kind of anxiety is physiological, not psychological.  Please don't think that you are failing by taking some anti-anxiety meds.  There are not many worse things in this world that a panic attack, and those meds will make all the difference.  I hope the radiation helps very soon.

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Artie,

This kind of anxiety is physiological, not psychological.  Please don't think that you are failing by taking some anti-anxiety meds.  There are not many worse things in this world that a panic attack, and those meds will make all the difference.  I hope the radiation helps very soon.

casagrayson
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Artie,

arthurjedi007
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Artie

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Artie-

Good to hear from you; I know you've been having a rough go and been thinking about you. I hope everyday gets better for you. And as far as anxiety goes, I thought they were crazy crazy when I was presecribed anxiety meds…until I needed them. You keep fighting the good fight and feel better!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Artie-

Good to hear from you; I know you've been having a rough go and been thinking about you. I hope everyday gets better for you. And as far as anxiety goes, I thought they were crazy crazy when I was presecribed anxiety meds…until I needed them. You keep fighting the good fight and feel better!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Artie-

Josh

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

So happy to see your message! I'm hoping that seeing the doctors and having them tell you there was no obstruction managed to ease your mind a bit. I also hope the radiation will do its thing very soon so that you're more comfortable. Have they suggested you try Oxycontin, the 12-hour form of Oxycodone? Supposedly, pain is better managed on a continuous dose of painkillers. And the anxiety meds — pshh, I've had those as well for a whole lot less than what you are dealing with! Don't even fret about that bit. You're our superstar, and you have a whole lot of people pulling — and praying — for you. Hang in there.   

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

So happy to see your message! I'm hoping that seeing the doctors and having them tell you there was no obstruction managed to ease your mind a bit. I also hope the radiation will do its thing very soon so that you're more comfortable. Have they suggested you try Oxycontin, the 12-hour form of Oxycodone? Supposedly, pain is better managed on a continuous dose of painkillers. And the anxiety meds — pshh, I've had those as well for a whole lot less than what you are dealing with! Don't even fret about that bit. You're our superstar, and you have a whole lot of people pulling — and praying — for you. Hang in there.   

JustMeInCA
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics