The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community My scan results

Participant

March 15…I had my first appointment at 7 AM and the last one at 6:45 PM and left Moffitt at 730 PM…arrived back home at 10 PM…it was a very long day of fast food, apheresis, scans and such!

I didn’t get to see my doc today but I am sure he will contact me with the scan results in the next day or two…he is awesome like that! I usually always get the scan results on the same day…but considering how late everything ran I couldn’t expect it yesterday.

March 15…I had my first appointment at 7 AM and the last one at 6:45 PM and left Moffitt at 730 PM…arrived back home at 10 PM…it was a very long day of fast food, apheresis, scans and such!

I didn’t get to see my doc today but I am sure he will contact me with the scan results in the next day or two…he is awesome like that! I usually always get the scan results on the same day…but considering how late everything ran I couldn’t expect it yesterday.

March 16…dragging my butt to work…I still don’t have the energy or concentration I used to have so it is difficult to get myself back in gear.

I am anxiously waiting on my scan results…really wished I could have seen the doc yesterday…but oh well…It was my choice to have all the appointments on one day so I wouldn’t miss so much work. And Dr Weber doesn’t do clinic on Tuesdays…

Yes!! Got an e-mail from my favorite oncologist….

"Mrs. L; MRI negative, the CTs were stable and show no obvious evidence of disease. Congrats! See you in 12 weeks. Jeff W. "

Speechless!..What can I say?? March 26 will be one year NED.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jim M.
        Participant

My congratulations also!!. I've had those long days at Moffitt also with all scans/ pheresis on the same day. We live about three hours from Moffitt. I have Dr. Weber also. He is awesome!. I pray you keep getting results like these.

God Bless,

Jim M.

stage 3C

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Yay! You go girl!

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Yay! You go girl!

Vermont_Donna

LynnLuc
                Participant

We live in Dunnellon ( up by Ocala)…I am glad I requested Dr Weber from the start…it's impossible I have heard ,to change docs once started…and he is awesome!  Are you in a trial now?

Jim M.
                  Participant

We live in the opposite direction, in Labelle. It's a small town about 30 miles east of Ft. Myers. I'm not on a trial now. I was on Ipilimumab with vaccines for resected melanoma until my reved up immune system attacked my pituitary gland. That was in October of 2008 and I've been on a hormone replacement since. Now I go for follow up scans every 6 months and see the endocrinologist about every 9 months,

God Bless you Lynn,

Jim M.

Stage 3C

NED 3 years, 4 months

LynnLuc
                    Participant

My thyroid is going crazy for now and hoping it goes back to normal…on 100mcg of synthroid.

LynnLuc
                      Participant

My thyroid is going crazy for now and hoping it goes back to normal…on 100mcg of synthroid.

Jim M.
                        Participant

We live in the opposite direction, in Labelle. It's a small town about 30 miles east of Ft. Myers. I'm not on a trial now. I was on Ipilimumab with vaccines for resected melanoma until my reved up immune system attacked my pituitary gland. That was in October of 2008 and I've been on a hormone replacement since. Now I go for follow up scans every 6 months and see the endocrinologist about every 9 months,

God Bless you Lynn,

Jim M.

Stage 3C

NED 3 years, 4 months

LynnLuc
                          Participant

We live in Dunnellon ( up by Ocala)…I am glad I requested Dr Weber from the start…it's impossible I have heard ,to change docs once started…and he is awesome!  Are you in a trial now?

Jim M.
                          Participant

My congratulations also!!. I've had those long days at Moffitt also with all scans/ pheresis on the same day. We live about three hours from Moffitt. I have Dr. Weber also. He is awesome!. I pray you keep getting results like these.

God Bless,

Jim M.

stage 3C

mom3girlsFL
                            Participant

Great news!  Let's go NED!!!

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                              Participant

Great news!  Let's go NED!!!

🙂 Laurie

SusanE
                                Participant

GREAT NEWS! Completely wonderful!

SusanE
                                  Participant

GREAT NEWS! Completely wonderful!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics