The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My friend lost her battle

Forums General Melanoma Community My friend lost her battle

Participant

My friend Jacque passed away peacefully last night at home. She was able to come home from the hospital yesterday and be with her family.

I know that she is without pain now and peaceful but I'm so angry and sad for her family now. She left behind a wonderful husband and 3 young girls.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacquelinekaalbergmoore

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

My friend Jacque passed away peacefully last night at home. She was able to come home from the hospital yesterday and be with her family.

I know that she is without pain now and peaceful but I'm so angry and sad for her family now. She left behind a wonderful husband and 3 young girls.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacquelinekaalbergmoore

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Kellie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend.  I know you, her husband and daughters are in great pain.  I lost my husband of 43 years on Nov 30, 2010…It hurts…a lot…This is an anwful disease.  I am glad she was able to be home.  Jim was not able to come home, and we were told he had about 4 weeks…We went to the hospice at the VA, we were not even there 12 hours and we was just gone.  I'm having a really difficult day today and so sorry we could bring him home.  I was there with   him alone.  It was not expected as quickly as it happened.

I pray for peace and comfort for you, and your friend's family ..and myself.  May God bless us all and give us comfort.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

Kellie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend.  I know you, her husband and daughters are in great pain.  I lost my husband of 43 years on Nov 30, 2010…It hurts…a lot…This is an anwful disease.  I am glad she was able to be home.  Jim was not able to come home, and we were told he had about 4 weeks…We went to the hospice at the VA, we were not even there 12 hours and we was just gone.  I'm having a really difficult day today and so sorry we could bring him home.  I was there with   him alone.  It was not expected as quickly as it happened.

I pray for peace and comfort for you, and your friend's family ..and myself.  May God bless us all and give us comfort.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

EmilyandMike
            Participant

Kellie – I am so sorry…I read Jacque's CaringBridge site in tears.  What a beautiful family.  I hate melanoma so much.    

As hard as it is, please try and keep your mind and body in a good place during this hard time.

All my best,

Emily

EmilyandMike
              Participant

Kellie – I am so sorry…I read Jacque's CaringBridge site in tears.  What a beautiful family.  I hate melanoma so much.    

As hard as it is, please try and keep your mind and body in a good place during this hard time.

All my best,

Emily

Lori C
                Participant

I read some of her lovely Caringbridge site – this is incredibly sad. 

I envy those of you with a strong faith.  I have always been on the fence about my own beliefs.  Your friend had such faith that God was good and that one way or the other, she would be fine.  She was extremely courageous and was clearly able to live her life with great joie de vivre despite such difficult battles.  I am so sad for her family and those who loved her. 

Thinking of you and all those feeling bereaved at the loss of such a lovely young woman.

Lori C
                  Participant

I read some of her lovely Caringbridge site – this is incredibly sad. 

I envy those of you with a strong faith.  I have always been on the fence about my own beliefs.  Your friend had such faith that God was good and that one way or the other, she would be fine.  She was extremely courageous and was clearly able to live her life with great joie de vivre despite such difficult battles.  I am so sad for her family and those who loved her. 

Thinking of you and all those feeling bereaved at the loss of such a lovely young woman.

Rocco
                    Participant

Kellie,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  This can't be easy on you. 

I so hate this disease! 

Rocco – Stage IV

Rocco
                      Participant

Kellie,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  This can't be easy on you. 

I so hate this disease! 

Rocco – Stage IV

NicOz
                        Participant

Kellie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It must have been some comfort (albeit small) that she was with her family at such an intensely personal time. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

NicOz
                          Participant

Kellie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It must have been some comfort (albeit small) that she was with her family at such an intensely personal time. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Laurie from maine
                            Participant

HI,

I also agree that I was deeply touched reading her caring bridges page.  She sounded like an amazing person.  She was much too young, this is a horrible disease.  I am glad that her family and friends and her faith were with her.

thank you for posting

laurie from maine

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

Hi Kellie,

So sorry about your friend…so young and with small kids. Melanoma is so horrible!

Cry, yell, scream and shout. Punch those pillows. And keep going on and taking care of yourself!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

just finished my 4th dose of Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Hi Kellie,

So sorry about your friend…so young and with small kids. Melanoma is so horrible!

Cry, yell, scream and shout. Punch those pillows. And keep going on and taking care of yourself!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

just finished my 4th dose of Ipi

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

HI,

I also agree that I was deeply touched reading her caring bridges page.  She sounded like an amazing person.  She was much too young, this is a horrible disease.  I am glad that her family and friends and her faith were with her.

thank you for posting

laurie from maine

mommyb4anything
                                    Participant

I will be praying for you and your friend's family.  There are no words to ease the loss and heartache you are feeling.  My greatest fear is my melanoma returning and having to leave my 3 year old son without a mother.  Be there for the children.  Your friend would want that.  God Bless!

mommyb4anything
                                      Participant

I will be praying for you and your friend's family.  There are no words to ease the loss and heartache you are feeling.  My greatest fear is my melanoma returning and having to leave my 3 year old son without a mother.  Be there for the children.  Your friend would want that.  God Bless!

mommyb4anything
                                        Participant

mommyb4anything
                                          Participant

glewis923
                                            Participant

Dear Kellie-

I'm so saddened to hear that a mother, spouse, and friend is now gone from "our world".  I know it's trite and perhaps too simplistic, but I feel it's true:  She IS most assuredly in a better place now- with no pain and unimaginable Love.   

It still hurts, very much so, when a loved one is no longer with us.  

Prayers and Love to ALL, Grady.

glewis923
                                              Participant

Dear Kellie-

I'm so saddened to hear that a mother, spouse, and friend is now gone from "our world".  I know it's trite and perhaps too simplistic, but I feel it's true:  She IS most assuredly in a better place now- with no pain and unimaginable Love.   

It still hurts, very much so, when a loved one is no longer with us.  

Prayers and Love to ALL, Grady.

BethA in VA
                                                Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                  Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  Beth 3/B

JuleFL
                                                    Participant
                                                      I am very sorry for your loss. It tears me apart to see young families affected by this terrible disease. I wish you peace and comfort.

Jule

JuleFL
                                                      Participant
                                                        I am very sorry for your loss. It tears me apart to see young families affected by this terrible disease. I wish you peace and comfort.

Jule

JakeinNY
                                                        Participant

Kellie,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend…it really sucks….it's especially heartbreaking to hear that she had 3 young girls. Stay strong.

JakeinNY
                                                          Participant

Kellie,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend…it really sucks….it's especially heartbreaking to hear that she had 3 young girls. Stay strong.

Phil S
                                                            Participant

Kellie   So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I went to caringbridge and read Jacque's whole story and my heart broke, especially looking at photos of her three young girls.  So glad she got home to see them before she passed away.  I will pray for her family. Take care of yourself.  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                                                              Participant

Kellie   So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I went to caringbridge and read Jacque's whole story and my heart broke, especially looking at photos of her three young girls.  So glad she got home to see them before she passed away.  I will pray for her family. Take care of yourself.  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                                Participant

Kelli

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                                  Participant

Kelli

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Suzan AB
                                                                    Participant

Kelli,

I am soooo sorry to hear about your friend, Jacque.  Caringbridge is a wonderful site.  Thank you for sharing this heartbreaking news. 

My best to you and yours….butterfly kisses and pooh bear hugs!

Suzan AB

Suzan AB
                                                                      Participant

Kelli,

I am soooo sorry to hear about your friend, Jacque.  Caringbridge is a wonderful site.  Thank you for sharing this heartbreaking news. 

My best to you and yours….butterfly kisses and pooh bear hugs!

Suzan AB

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics