The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My Dad

Participant

My father lost his courageous battle to melanoma on 1/23

everyone on this site has been awesome! We raised about $750.00 in donations to this foundation!

praying for everyone out there dealing with this beast

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        susanr
        Participant

So sorry about your Dad.  Hope he did not suffer and my prayers are with you and your family to get through this difficult time.  Keep your family close, don't be alone, keep everyone in your family busy. Trust me…this is what kept my sanity to some extent.  Again, I am sorry about your Dad.

Susan

susanr
          Participant

So sorry about your Dad.  Hope he did not suffer and my prayers are with you and your family to get through this difficult time.  Keep your family close, don't be alone, keep everyone in your family busy. Trust me…this is what kept my sanity to some extent.  Again, I am sorry about your Dad.

Susan

vivian
              Participant

I am so sorry about your father.  It is hard to lose a parent, especially to an illness.  Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Maureen038
                Participant

I am also so sorry for the loss of your dad. Praying for and your family at this difficult time. That's wonderful you were able to raise money for melanoma research in honor of your dad.

Maureen038
                  Participant

I am also so sorry for the loss of your dad. Praying for and your family at this difficult time. That's wonderful you were able to raise money for melanoma research in honor of your dad.

Maureen038
                    Participant

vivian
                      Participant

I am so sorry about your father.  It is hard to lose a parent, especially to an illness.  Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

vivian
                        Participant

susanr
                        Participant

Susan

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Very Sorry to have had this news.  Your Father had a great supporter in you.  Try to dwell more on the good memories you have of him.  The hole that his passing leaves in your life can never be filled, but the pain will be somewhat eased with time, but never expect it to go away completely as the love you feel from him will never go away either. 

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

Very Sorry to have had this news.  Your Father had a great supporter in you.  Try to dwell more on the good memories you have of him.  The hole that his passing leaves in your life can never be filled, but the pain will be somewhat eased with time, but never expect it to go away completely as the love you feel from him will never go away either. 

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

mclaus23
                                  Participant

Jerry! Thank you. You have been a tremendous inspiration to us. I told my dad your story and updates and it truly gave him hope. I miss him so much. 

You are right, it doesn't get easier..life has changed

mclaus23
                                    Participant

Jerry! Thank you. You have been a tremendous inspiration to us. I told my dad your story and updates and it truly gave him hope. I miss him so much. 

mclaus23
                                      Participant

Hit send to soon! He did fight hard for 4 years. I send my thoughts and prayers to everyone battling this disease and their advocates. 

mclaus23
                                        Participant

Hit send to soon! He did fight hard for 4 years. I send my thoughts and prayers to everyone battling this disease and their advocates. 

mclaus23
                                          Participant

mclaus23
                                            Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics