The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Muscle spasm

Forums General Melanoma Community Muscle spasm

Participant

Hello everyone 

I had an CLND done a few days ago and one of the, came back positive. Anyways I am dealing with numbing in my arm and muscle spasm…. Is this always common? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

Melissa,

If you had a CLND under your arm, yes you will have nerve damage and numbing.  One of the nerves was removed with your mass of lymph nodes. Your surgeon should have told you this was going to happen. 

I had a CLND under my left arm and my arm pit is numb all the time.  It has been a few months and now I am used to it. It really does not bother me until I put deodorant on and it feels weird doing it.  

You should not have muscle spasms. I would recommend you eat some bananas or buy some coconut water. Both will help with spasms.

Tom

Millykamp
            Participant

I knew about the numbing but not the muscle spamming that goes from my shoulder down to my hand. It happened 3 times.   I try to put weight on it but getting int and out of bed I use it 

Beehappy
              Participant

My husband also has this issue – 1 month after surgery.  We have been told it usually gets better or goes away after a year.  I met with a naturopath who suggested a supplement of Lions Mane mushroom – it has been shown to regenerate nerve tissue.

~ Rebecca

Beehappy
                Participant

My husband also has this issue – 1 month after surgery.  We have been told it usually gets better or goes away after a year.  I met with a naturopath who suggested a supplement of Lions Mane mushroom – it has been shown to regenerate nerve tissue.

~ Rebecca

Beehappy
                  Participant

~ Rebecca

Millykamp
                    Participant

I knew about the numbing but not the muscle spamming that goes from my shoulder down to my hand. It happened 3 times.   I try to put weight on it but getting int and out of bed I use it 

Millykamp
                      Participant

geriakt
                      Participant

Melissa,

If you had a CLND under your arm, yes you will have nerve damage and numbing.  One of the nerves was removed with your mass of lymph nodes. Your surgeon should have told you this was going to happen. 

I had a CLND under my left arm and my arm pit is numb all the time.  It has been a few months and now I am used to it. It really does not bother me until I put deodorant on and it feels weird doing it.  

You should not have muscle spasms. I would recommend you eat some bananas or buy some coconut water. Both will help with spasms.

Tom

geriakt
                        Participant

Melissa,

Tom

AshleyS
                          Participant

I had a CLNB on my left groin.  The spasms were the worst part of the whole ordeal. I had my operation at Mayo Clinic and none of the doctors understood what I was trying to explain to them when they spasms would occur.  I was 24 weeks pregnant at the time and they thought it might have something to do with my pregnancy. I don't think so. I'm sorry you're going through this. 

Millykamp
                              Participant

I think it's all part of the trauma and healing. It been  4 days since the surgery and I notice if I move my arm a certain way it goes off.       I was just wondering if it's typical on most….  Glad to see I am not the only one. 

Millykamp
                                Participant

I think it's all part of the trauma and healing. It been  4 days since the surgery and I notice if I move my arm a certain way it goes off.       I was just wondering if it's typical on most….  Glad to see I am not the only one. 

Millykamp
                                  Participant

AshleyS
                                  Participant

I had a CLNB on my left groin.  The spasms were the worst part of the whole ordeal. I had my operation at Mayo Clinic and none of the doctors understood what I was trying to explain to them when they spasms would occur.  I was 24 weeks pregnant at the time and they thought it might have something to do with my pregnancy. I don't think so. I'm sorry you're going through this. 

AshleyS
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics