The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Multiple Subjects

Forums General Melanoma Community Multiple Subjects

Participant

Hello everyone. Just an update. I had stereotactic radiation done yesterday, hopefully took care of the met in my brain. As for the ones in my lungs, liver, chest and back, I will be starting IL-2 on monday. Scared? Yes, I'm kind of nervous, with all the possible side effects, but have got my hopes up for the possible help it may bring. Has anyone here had a positive experience with IL-2? Any recommendations or tips I might benefit from? How about nutrition while on it? I've seen the operationsunshield website, but would appreciate any other opinions or stories. Thank you.

Hello everyone. Just an update. I had stereotactic radiation done yesterday, hopefully took care of the met in my brain. As for the ones in my lungs, liver, chest and back, I will be starting IL-2 on monday. Scared? Yes, I'm kind of nervous, with all the possible side effects, but have got my hopes up for the possible help it may bring. Has anyone here had a positive experience with IL-2? Any recommendations or tips I might benefit from? How about nutrition while on it? I've seen the operationsunshield website, but would appreciate any other opinions or stories. Thank you. Oh and on a lighter note, I got married 2 days ago, she looked beautiful, and we're moving into our own place this weekend. It will be nice to arrive to a new home after the hospital stay. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Kevin, Congratulations on your marriage!

You are young and strong and I believe IL 2 is a good choice. We've had many durable responders on here.

One of the things I don't like about the new board structure is that one cannot change the subject line. I'd like to suggest that you start a new thread with something in the topic line like "IL2 success stories?"

You can search the patnet or archives for stories too.. Debbie in VA, Jane from Maine, Stan, well, my memory isn't great, but I think if you put that in the topic line, you'd have responses from durable IL2 responders who will pop it open when they see IL2 in the subject line.

It's a tough treatment, but you NEED the big guns now! Best to hit it agressively.

Good luck to you. I hope you'll keep us posted about your progress

diann in spokane

dian in spokane
          Participant

Kevin, Congratulations on your marriage!

You are young and strong and I believe IL 2 is a good choice. We've had many durable responders on here.

One of the things I don't like about the new board structure is that one cannot change the subject line. I'd like to suggest that you start a new thread with something in the topic line like "IL2 success stories?"

You can search the patnet or archives for stories too.. Debbie in VA, Jane from Maine, Stan, well, my memory isn't great, but I think if you put that in the topic line, you'd have responses from durable IL2 responders who will pop it open when they see IL2 in the subject line.

It's a tough treatment, but you NEED the big guns now! Best to hit it agressively.

Good luck to you. I hope you'll keep us posted about your progress

diann in spokane

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics