The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

mucosal melanoma recently met to liver, yervoy?

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community mucosal melanoma recently met to liver, yervoy?

Participant

Im facing the difficult decision to begin treatment as a stage !V with mets to the liver.  My results for molecular testing will not be in for a week and I've already waited 6 weeks due to a problem with the first tissue sample sent to the lab.  I'm about to begin on yervoy since everything I've read indicates this could reinforce other drugs I may be eligible for should I have a mutation.  Anyone out there that can tell me realistically what I can expect everyday life to be on Yervoy?  I'll be receiving 4 doses over the next 12 weeks.

Im facing the difficult decision to begin treatment as a stage !V with mets to the liver.  My results for molecular testing will not be in for a week and I've already waited 6 weeks due to a problem with the first tissue sample sent to the lab.  I'm about to begin on yervoy since everything I've read indicates this could reinforce other drugs I may be eligible for should I have a mutation.  Anyone out there that can tell me realistically what I can expect everyday life to be on Yervoy?  I'll be receiving 4 doses over the next 12 weeks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lucassi
        Participant

My husband Mike was treated with Yervoy earlier this year.  He received all four treatments and had no side effects other than being tired.  The treatment did not interfere with his daily routine.  I know there are many others on this board that were not so lucky and some even had to stop treatment after one or two doses.  I believe there is no way to predict your individual response.  I just wanted to let you know that it is possible you will tolerate the treatment well and you wont have any side effects.

Good luck!

Sigrid

madeclaire
            Participant

Thank you for your encouragement,Singrid.  I'm still on the fence and trying to find an anti pd1 trial for which I would qualify since this I believe may be less toxic.  I hope you and your husband are doing well.

Madeline

madeclaire
              Participant

Thank you for your encouragement,Singrid.  I'm still on the fence and trying to find an anti pd1 trial for which I would qualify since this I believe may be less toxic.  I hope you and your husband are doing well.

Madeline

madeclaire
                Participant

Madeline

Lucassi
                Participant

My husband Mike was treated with Yervoy earlier this year.  He received all four treatments and had no side effects other than being tired.  The treatment did not interfere with his daily routine.  I know there are many others on this board that were not so lucky and some even had to stop treatment after one or two doses.  I believe there is no way to predict your individual response.  I just wanted to let you know that it is possible you will tolerate the treatment well and you wont have any side effects.

Good luck!

Sigrid

Lucassi
                  Participant

Good luck!

Sigrid

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics