The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MRI Results

Forums General Melanoma Community MRI Results

Participant

Hi everyone-

As soon as I wa on my way home from the scan I received the results. They found 2 masses but they are on my Pituitary gland. It says it is causing a bulge & a tilt to the stalk.

Has onyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks!
      Stephanie

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

Steph-

did they say masses looked malignant? I'm so sorry…you always just want to hear oh it's nothing. I'm praying it's nothing serious for you.

Josh

StephyD83
            Participant

It did not say…It said if I had any prior MRI scan's it would be helpful…I can't seem to find to much info on Melanoma metastasizing to that area…But I am sure anything is possible with this stupid thing we call Melanoma…

Prd10
              Participant

Hi Stephanie,

I am sorry your are going through this.  I don't really have any answers, but I hope your Dr called and gave you an explanation.  

Praying for you.  

Caitlin

Prd10
                Participant

Hi Stephanie,

I am sorry your are going through this.  I don't really have any answers, but I hope your Dr called and gave you an explanation.  

Praying for you.  

Caitlin

Prd10
                  Participant

Hi Stephanie,

Praying for you.  

Caitlin

kylez
                    Participant

Stephy, I hope you're set up to see your talk about this real soon, right? I think it can crop up in as many places as there are places in the body unfortunately.  I hope you get answers soon. -Kyle

kylez
                      Participant

Stephy, I hope you're set up to see your talk about this real soon, right? I think it can crop up in as many places as there are places in the body unfortunately.  I hope you get answers soon. -Kyle

kylez
                        Participant

StephyD83
                          Participant

It did not say…It said if I had any prior MRI scan's it would be helpful…I can't seem to find to much info on Melanoma metastasizing to that area…But I am sure anything is possible with this stupid thing we call Melanoma…

StephyD83
                            Participant

JoshF
                            Participant

Steph-

did they say masses looked malignant? I'm so sorry…you always just want to hear oh it's nothing. I'm praying it's nothing serious for you.

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Steph-

Josh

Janner
                                Participant

"Most pituitary tumors are noncancerous (benign). Up to 20% of people have pituitary tumors. Many of these tumors do not cause symptoms and are never diagnosed during the person's lifetime."

Even though you have a tumor, it doesn't mean it is melanoma.  The quote above is from a google search.

Janner
                                  Participant

"Most pituitary tumors are noncancerous (benign). Up to 20% of people have pituitary tumors. Many of these tumors do not cause symptoms and are never diagnosed during the person's lifetime."

Even though you have a tumor, it doesn't mean it is melanoma.  The quote above is from a google search.

Janner
                                    Participant

Momrn5
                                      Participant

Many people have pituitary tumors and most of them are benign.  There are 2 people close to me who have benign pituitary tumors and are living just fine with them.   Hopefully, this is what you have.   Though I would guess that of course with melanoma, they will have to rule it out somehow.  

Momrn5
                                        Participant

Many people have pituitary tumors and most of them are benign.  There are 2 people close to me who have benign pituitary tumors and are living just fine with them.   Hopefully, this is what you have.   Though I would guess that of course with melanoma, they will have to rule it out somehow.  

Momrn5
                                          Participant

casagrayson
                                            Participant

Stephanie,

I had a tumor on my pituitary gland.  It was not malignant, but it was not benign either, as it was interfering with the normal production of different hormones.  I had surgery to remove the tumor, and am feeling much better.  I have heard of very few cases of malignant pituitary tumors.

I hope you get some answers very soon.

casagrayson
                                              Participant

Stephanie,

I had a tumor on my pituitary gland.  It was not malignant, but it was not benign either, as it was interfering with the normal production of different hormones.  I had surgery to remove the tumor, and am feeling much better.  I have heard of very few cases of malignant pituitary tumors.

casagrayson
                                                Participant

Stephanie,

StephyD83
                                                    Participant
                                                      Hmmm I haven’t had any blood test as far as hormones go so I’m sure that will be next. They found 2 masses there have you ever heard of that???? I can’t seem to find anything like that on the net…
                                                      StephyD83
                                                      Participant
                                                        Hmmm I haven’t had any blood test as far as hormones go so I’m sure that will be next. They found 2 masses there have you ever heard of that???? I can’t seem to find anything like that on the net…
                                                        casagrayson
                                                        Participant

Actually, I had two tumors, which were joined with tumor material underneath the gland.  Looked a little like a barbell.  And I know people (through another medical forum) who have had two separate masses.  I believe I have read somewhere that 20% of all people have what are referred to as "incidentalomas"; masses that are non-malignant and non-hormone secreting.  

casagrayson
                                                          Participant

Have you had any other syptoms besides the headache and "fogginess"?  What tests did she say you failed? Are you having any vision issues (these tumors can press against the optic nerves).  

casagrayson
                                                            Participant

Have you had any other syptoms besides the headache and "fogginess"?  What tests did she say you failed? Are you having any vision issues (these tumors can press against the optic nerves).  

casagrayson
                                                              Participant

casagrayson
                                                                Participant

Actually, I had two tumors, which were joined with tumor material underneath the gland.  Looked a little like a barbell.  And I know people (through another medical forum) who have had two separate masses.  I believe I have read somewhere that 20% of all people have what are referred to as "incidentalomas"; masses that are non-malignant and non-hormone secreting.  

casagrayson
                                                                  Participant

StephyD83
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    mwconklin
                                                                    Participant

Sorry your scan was not good. I had mine yesterday as well, the MRI of the brain looked good but the PET scan showed a mass in my colon. Here we go again.

mwconklin
                                                                      Participant

Sorry your scan was not good. I had mine yesterday as well, the MRI of the brain looked good but the PET scan showed a mass in my colon. Here we go again.

mwconklin
                                                                        Participant

StephyD83
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Oh no I am so sorry to hear that….I will be praying for you!!!
                                                                              mwconklin
                                                                              Participant

Thanks, and I will be praying for you. 

mwconklin
                                                                                Participant

mwconklin
                                                                                  Participant

StephyD83
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      StephyD83
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                  Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics