The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MRF Gala in SF on June 6th – Join Us

Forums General Melanoma Community MRF Gala in SF on June 6th – Join Us

Participant

I haven't been on the MPIP Bulletin Board in years, but I am still active with the MRF Gala in the San Francisco Bay Area.  The MPIP was such and amazing support to me when I was desperate for advice and support.  Being able to connect with other melanoma patients was critical to extending the life of my daughter Jenna, and keeping my head above water.  I will be eternally grateful for this resource.  The Gala gives patients/families/MRF an opportunity to meet in person.  If you live in Northern California (or want to visit San Francisco) come to the event!  We are your community, and we want to meet you.   

http://www.melanoma.org/get-involved/calendar-of-events/wings-hope-melanoma-gala-san-francisco-0

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

Hi Lauren

I was happy to see this post as I have thought about you often throughout the last few years. If you remember, my son Ben was at Berkeley with Lauren and was dx stage 3 in 2009. He is still NED five yrs later after a year of interferon. I know how lucky we are and also how things could change in a minute.

Nice to see you are still involved tihe the Gala.

take care

Becky

Becky
          Participant

Hi Lauren

I was happy to see this post as I have thought about you often throughout the last few years. If you remember, my son Ben was at Berkeley with Lauren and was dx stage 3 in 2009. He is still NED five yrs later after a year of interferon. I know how lucky we are and also how things could change in a minute.

take care

Becky

Becky
            Participant

Hi Lauren

take care

Becky

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics