The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Moving to 6 month scan frequency

Forums General Melanoma Community Moving to 6 month scan frequency

Participant

July CT and MRI were both clean as they've been since 2009.   I pressed my Onc to clear with the trial company (MDX-010) that I could move from quarterly scans to a 6 month scan frequency.  Great feeling as I now have no planned medical appointments until after the New Year.

Hang in there everyone!  Prayers and good vibes sent to all in this fight..

– Rocco

Stage IV since August 2005, IpI responder – last dose in Feb 2009

July CT and MRI were both clean as they've been since 2009.   I pressed my Onc to clear with the trial company (MDX-010) that I could move from quarterly scans to a 6 month scan frequency.  Great feeling as I now have no planned medical appointments until after the New Year.

Hang in there everyone!  Prayers and good vibes sent to all in this fight..

– Rocco

Stage IV since August 2005, IpI responder – last dose in Feb 2009

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        s Mom
        Participant

YAY!!  Great news 🙂

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
          Participant

YAY!!  Great news 🙂

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
            Participant

YAY!!  Great news 🙂

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

Gene_S
              Participant

Hi Rocco,

Your good news bring a huge smile to my face. 🙂

Keep up the good work! I am also trying to get my oncologist to extend the times between scans but it hasn't been easy.

I kid my oncologist that so far I am surviving the cancer treatments and hope that the cure ( including ct scans) don't kill me. I am also doing some research on Iodine as it may help with radiation from ct scans. You might want to research it too.

Again congratulations and best wishes…  Gene

Gene_S
                Participant

Hi Rocco,

Keep up the good work! I am also trying to get my oncologist to extend the times between scans but it hasn't been easy.

I kid my oncologist that so far I am surviving the cancer treatments and hope that the cure ( including ct scans) don't kill me. I am also doing some research on Iodine as it may help with radiation from ct scans. You might want to research it too.

Gene_S
                  Participant

Hi Rocco,

Swanee
                    Participant

Congratulations Rocco!  This is great news and your post is such an inspiration to this board, thank you for taking the time to post!   You might think…. not to many of us will notice or celebrate…..but please know, this is HUGE and gives tremendous hope to so many of us….you did a good thing today by posting your success!

When I first came to this board you were on here quite a bit and I was very hungry for information.  I personally am interested in your info as I feel I follow a similar melanoma type and pattern in disease.  We learn so much from each other and I give thanks for all those that share their info and experiences.

I wish you continued success in your melanoma journey and please continue to share with all of us your experiences and results!

Take care,

Swanee

Swanee
                      Participant

Congratulations Rocco!  This is great news and your post is such an inspiration to this board, thank you for taking the time to post!   You might think…. not to many of us will notice or celebrate…..but please know, this is HUGE and gives tremendous hope to so many of us….you did a good thing today by posting your success!

When I first came to this board you were on here quite a bit and I was very hungry for information.  I personally am interested in your info as I feel I follow a similar melanoma type and pattern in disease.  We learn so much from each other and I give thanks for all those that share their info and experiences.

I wish you continued success in your melanoma journey and please continue to share with all of us your experiences and results!

Take care,

Swanee

Swanee
                        Participant

Take care,

Swanee

aldakota22
                          Participant

Happy to read another positive posts.Always an inspiration forme and so many others.Go enjoy your scan free time.In my prayers .Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Happy to read another positive posts.Always an inspiration forme and so many others.Go enjoy your scan free time.In my prayers .Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                Participant

I'm jealous!  I've been on 8-week scan schedule for last 16-months, and it's getting old!  Spoke to trial Dr. and he said no way to decrease scanning as FDA will have his hide if he goes against protocol.  (I'm on GSK BRAF/MEK trial.)

– Harry

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                  Participant

I'm jealous!  I've been on 8-week scan schedule for last 16-months, and it's getting old!  Spoke to trial Dr. and he said no way to decrease scanning as FDA will have his hide if he goes against protocol.  (I'm on GSK BRAF/MEK trial.)

– Harry

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                    Participant

– Harry

TSchulz
                                      Participant

Great news and congratulations on decreasing your scanner time!  Thanks for sharing your news. Troy

TSchulz
                                        Participant

Great news and congratulations on decreasing your scanner time!  Thanks for sharing your news. Troy

TSchulz
                                          Participant

King
                                            Participant

Rocco,

Great news!  I, too, just moved to 6 months scans.  This is the first time in 7 years.  It mentally makes you feel so much better though we both know how sneaky mel can be.

Enjoy!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                              Participant

Rocco,

Great news!  I, too, just moved to 6 months scans.  This is the first time in 7 years.  It mentally makes you feel so much better though we both know how sneaky mel can be.

Enjoy!

Stay Strong

King

King
                                                Participant

Rocco,

Enjoy!

Stay Strong

King

KevinM
                                                  Participant

OUTSTANDING!!!

Way to go Rocco….thrilled for you!!!

all my best,

Kevin

KevinM
                                                    Participant

OUTSTANDING!!!

all my best,

Kevin

KevinM
                                                      Participant

OUTSTANDING!!!

all my best,

Kevin

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics