The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More Yervoy symptoms, but fairly clean CT.

Forums General Melanoma Community More Yervoy symptoms, but fairly clean CT.

Participant

So, the last several months have been pretty crazy given the number of symptoms I've had post Yervoy treatment. Just a quick update here. For the past 2 months I have had a good amount of nausea and an overall feeling of lethargy. I finished 3 rounds of Yervoy in late August as the first symptoms began manifesting. The docs finally prescribed a brain MRI (2nd in 2 months) due to nausea, but it was clean. In celebration of this, I drank 2 beers the night before thanksgiving and woke in the middle of the night with pretty bad nausea.

So, the last several months have been pretty crazy given the number of symptoms I've had post Yervoy treatment. Just a quick update here. For the past 2 months I have had a good amount of nausea and an overall feeling of lethargy. I finished 3 rounds of Yervoy in late August as the first symptoms began manifesting. The docs finally prescribed a brain MRI (2nd in 2 months) due to nausea, but it was clean. In celebration of this, I drank 2 beers the night before thanksgiving and woke in the middle of the night with pretty bad nausea. Thinking my liver met was getting quite a bit worse, my wife and I still decided to go our trip to Costa Rica for 11 days. For the most part, all was well, minus a bit of lethargy and mild nausea. I did avoid alcohol while I was down there. On Wednesday this week, had a CT scan, which was a 2 month follow up from last scan. Results yesterday were great as the lesion could not be found on the Liver. I am not ready to call myself NED, and those words were not used at all in my appt, but i'm pretty happy with the results.

Has anyone else had long lasting nausea after Yervoy? Just curious.

thanks

Wetterhorn

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyPam
        Participant

My Mother completed Yervoy on July 19th. We have scans Jan 16th. To date that is one side effect that my mom deals with the nausea.  Sometimes she will take a pill for it and it will go away.  I would say at least once or twice a week she deals with it.

I am so happy to read the response that  you are having to the Yervoy. My Mother also has been having a nice response. All the best to you and your family for a continued response to Yervoy.

Regards,

Wendy

WendyPam
          Participant

My Mother completed Yervoy on July 19th. We have scans Jan 16th. To date that is one side effect that my mom deals with the nausea.  Sometimes she will take a pill for it and it will go away.  I would say at least once or twice a week she deals with it.

I am so happy to read the response that  you are having to the Yervoy. My Mother also has been having a nice response. All the best to you and your family for a continued response to Yervoy.

Regards,

Wendy

WendyPam
            Participant

Regards,

Wendy

Sherb
              Participant
                My mom did Ipi 10mg trial (completed last infusion 10-4). She had extreme fatigue and nausea throughout treatment and continues to have both. She did not respond to Ipi and has continued to progress. Not sure if nausea is due to Ipi or the 6 liver lesions. She began Ipi with only 1 liver lesion and now had 6. Best of luck to you! May you continue on this road…..
                Sherb
                Participant
                  My mom did Ipi 10mg trial (completed last infusion 10-4). She had extreme fatigue and nausea throughout treatment and continues to have both. She did not respond to Ipi and has continued to progress. Not sure if nausea is due to Ipi or the 6 liver lesions. She began Ipi with only 1 liver lesion and now had 6. Best of luck to you! May you continue on this road…..
                  Sherb
                  Participant
                    Sherb
                    Participant
                      Sherb
                      Participant
                        Sherb
                        Participant
                          Theresa123
                          Participant

Hi,  I just had my 3rd dose of Yervoy yesterday, and just finished throwing up.  Nausea, nausea, yuck.  My oncologist said nausea was "rare" with Yervoy.  Ha!!!

anyone have any bad bruising?  My hand looks like I have the beginning of gangrene (joke) and I didn't do anything to it!

I am also very fatigued. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Terri

Vermont_Donna
                              Participant

Hi,

I started my treatments with Yervoy a year ago but I did have nausea, pretty severe at times and sometimes occasionally after the 4 treatments. i had/have compazine and zofran which helped alot!

Hoping for the success I have with yervoy for you!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED since 2/11 due to Yervoy

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

Hi,

I started my treatments with Yervoy a year ago but I did have nausea, pretty severe at times and sometimes occasionally after the 4 treatments. i had/have compazine and zofran which helped alot!

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Hi,

Theresa123
                                  Participant

Hi,  I just had my 3rd dose of Yervoy yesterday, and just finished throwing up.  Nausea, nausea, yuck.  My oncologist said nausea was "rare" with Yervoy.  Ha!!!

anyone have any bad bruising?  My hand looks like I have the beginning of gangrene (joke) and I didn't do anything to it!

I am also very fatigued. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Terri

Theresa123
                                    Participant

I am also very fatigued. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Terri

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics