The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More radation is it good to keep doing?

Forums General Melanoma Community More radation is it good to keep doing?

Participant

Update on my husband, he had Cyberknife in mid August, 2 treatments, early September had seazure. He has been on Zelboraf since late October, off and on to a reduced dose, now 2 twice a day. Had WBR for two weeks 10 treatments, in December finished the 23rd. Good Pet scan late January they were all srinking liver, lungs and nodes. Then MRI mid Feburary, not good more mets and the first one treated in August was bigger, making trouble with the right side of body, no arm movement & can't walk alone.

Update on my husband, he had Cyberknife in mid August, 2 treatments, early September had seazure. He has been on Zelboraf since late October, off and on to a reduced dose, now 2 twice a day. Had WBR for two weeks 10 treatments, in December finished the 23rd. Good Pet scan late January they were all srinking liver, lungs and nodes. Then MRI mid Feburary, not good more mets and the first one treated in August was bigger, making trouble with the right side of body, no arm movement & can't walk alone. The Radation sergon said he could help him by doing Cyberknife again on the one's causing problems. So he is now scheduled for next week, maybe two treatments again. The MRI showed he could also have new ones. I'm so freaked out that he is going to have more issues. Like the first time more swelling or something worse. He's been on anti-seaure since September. Feel so bad for him. I was so elated when the Pet Scan came back good, but I knew something was wrong cause he stopped eatting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        laurieformike
        Participant

Wow, guess I'm alone with this one.

laurieformike
          Participant

laurieformike
            Participant

DonW
              Participant

Laurie — I think most people probably feel they can't give you good answers here so you haven't gotten any replies. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I know what some patients in the past have done SRS many times, so I wouldn't be too afraid of that. If the doc feels it could help, it's probably worth a try. Good luck and let us know how things go.

DonW
                Participant

Laurie — I think most people probably feel they can't give you good answers here so you haven't gotten any replies. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I know what some patients in the past have done SRS many times, so I wouldn't be too afraid of that. If the doc feels it could help, it's probably worth a try. Good luck and let us know how things go.

DonW
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics