The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More on Life with the Beagledogz

Forums General Melanoma Community More on Life with the Beagledogz

Participant

AbbeyDog is doing well…her doc put her on a vitamin, GeriForm, and plans to check her bloodwork again in a couple months.  I am comfortable with that, but still need to find a vet here in Sanford/Lake Mary.  Our round trip visits back to Orlando are 80 miles!  Okay for the Abster, but EmmaDog gets car sick.  She hasn't needed the doc yet, thank goodness.

AbbeyDog is doing well…her doc put her on a vitamin, GeriForm, and plans to check her bloodwork again in a couple months.  I am comfortable with that, but still need to find a vet here in Sanford/Lake Mary.  Our round trip visits back to Orlando are 80 miles!  Okay for the Abster, but EmmaDog gets car sick.  She hasn't needed the doc yet, thank goodness.

The Event of the Weekend for us involved another dog…and poor Abster and poor Hubs too.   Hubs was walking both Beagles around the little lake at the apartment complex where we are living temporarily.  The Beagles don't pay other dogs any attention beyond a little sniff.  I have no idea why they are completely ambivalent toward others of their kind.  A terrior of some sort took a dislike to Abbey and lunged at her; the owner let that dog's leash go and the dog jumped on Abbey, who rolled over on her side.  Hubs reached down to pull the dog away and received 5 puncture wounds on his left hand.  Abbey pulled away, dragging her leash and Hubs went to get her.  In the mean time, the other dog and his owner high tailed it away.  Hubs, with bloody hand and two dogs saw which apartment they went into and knocked on the door.  The guy didn't answer so Hubs came home and had to get animal control involved as we had no idea if the other dog was up to date on vaccinations. 

So long story short…other dog was not up to date on shotsand poor thing is quarantined for 10 days; Hubs went to doc; x-ray showed nothing broken in hand; tetanus shot and 10 days of anti-biotics; AbbeyDog not harmed.  Hubs is decidely unhappy since he is left handed and it is still quite swollen.

Other than that, the weekend was great!

Oh, BTW Jon!  I didn't know that regular glucosemine and chondroitin was okay to give dogs.  A vet told me a long time ago that Cosequin was the one that is 'bioavailable' for them, so that is why we have spent the extra moolah.  I just ordered 2 new bottles, but will look into the other when this is gone.  Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

I personally know the vet who wrote the "bioavailability" article.  Bunch of malarky.

Sorry to hear about Hubs. 

dian in spokane
            Participant

somebody (you) out to patent that saying "Bioavailability;Bunch of Malarky"

it's got a certain ring to it….

dian in spokane
              Participant

somebody (you) out to patent that saying "Bioavailability;Bunch of Malarky"

it's got a certain ring to it….

jag
              Participant

I personally know the vet who wrote the "bioavailability" article.  Bunch of malarky.

Sorry to hear about Hubs. 

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

Oh POOR HUBS   and boo to that  nasty doggy owner.  You said terrier what kind?  Oh it makes me so mad to see that happen.  Why the guy let go of the leash is unbelievable.  Talk about not having leash control.

Glad Abby dog is fine.  I remember long ago someone told me that beagles do not make good small area dogs, as they need to run (instinct to run down deer or something?)  HOUNDS from movies of old.  all seem to be BEAGLES  but you have shown me that they can be doggies in smaller areas, just need lots and lots of love.

Nothing new here in Pickering.  No lakes to stroll around, unless one wants to call Lake Ontario a stroll able lake.  Last week however, another dog owner had her doggy snatched by a coyote which have come down to civilization due to their loss of habitat.  The dog was even leashed.  I cannot imagine how the lady feels.  One of those wee little white fluffy dogs.

we are being told to make sure our cats (not mine) are indoors at nights.  Glad mine are indoor kitties.  Since we are doing renovations (making me soooooooo (never mind)  ArCee had to take a vacation at our dotters condo, as she was upchucking everything.  Loves to roll in sawdust and plaster dust and lord knows what else.  Now she is in clean area for as long as Dotter other half can tolerate her nonsense.  (not a lap cat)  and LOVES to bite when provoked.  But adores me and according to dotter, misses me.

Chloe our older cat, is sick as well, but that is being taken care of by our Vet. but still the cat meows from pain are really hard to take.   I am sooo Glad your doggies and of course Hubs are better, and pooh on the stupid other dog owner, and his poor quarantined doggy.

Ta Ta for now

jag
                    Participant

Bonnie, quit trying so hard to conceal your identity-we know it's you posting real mean stuff, like you always do. 

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

hahahah   You know?  now it is next day I am rushing about getting ready to see yet another doctor, and just finished getting my mother ready for her day.  (mom still unable to bear weight and I am the cinderella of Pickering)  I wondered where on earth my post was not seeing it in the list of contributors, so I scrolled down and see for heavens sake Bonnie Lea, you clicked annonymos yet again….. I feel dumb, but at least you allll know who I is!!!!

Kim of course everyone knows that post was mine…..   John…you SCAMP 

Kimmer
                        Participant

I will say it again, Bonnie;

I adore you.

You can never be anonymous.  : )

John (or is it Jon?)..(my brain is getting addled)…is malarky the same as poppycock?  You are a very great SCAMP and all around swell guy.

Both of y'all…take good care!  k.

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

KIM  for shame for shame.   Poppycock is a delectable munchie treat of pecans, popcorn and caramal, (or other nuts)  droolable.  maybe John is a drooler.  (one never knows as non of us have seen him sleeping)    I hope poor John is not getting munched on by his clients.

if one is of the British ancestery, then by all means  malarky is about the same as poppycock.  (translated to our speak) malarky is  outright  BS or so unbelievable it is out of the realm of lucid thought.

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

KIM  for shame for shame.   Poppycock is a delectable munchie treat of pecans, popcorn and caramal, (or other nuts)  droolable.  maybe John is a drooler.  (one never knows as non of us have seen him sleeping)    I hope poor John is not getting munched on by his clients.

if one is of the British ancestery, then by all means  malarky is about the same as poppycock.  (translated to our speak) malarky is  outright  BS or so unbelievable it is out of the realm of lucid thought.

Kimmer
                              Participant

I will say it again, Bonnie;

I adore you.

You can never be anonymous.  : )

John (or is it Jon?)..(my brain is getting addled)…is malarky the same as poppycock?  You are a very great SCAMP and all around swell guy.

Both of y'all…take good care!  k.

Bonnie Lea
                                Participant

hahahah   You know?  now it is next day I am rushing about getting ready to see yet another doctor, and just finished getting my mother ready for her day.  (mom still unable to bear weight and I am the cinderella of Pickering)  I wondered where on earth my post was not seeing it in the list of contributors, so I scrolled down and see for heavens sake Bonnie Lea, you clicked annonymos yet again….. I feel dumb, but at least you allll know who I is!!!!

Kim of course everyone knows that post was mine…..   John…you SCAMP 

jag
                                  Participant

Bonnie, quit trying so hard to conceal your identity-we know it's you posting real mean stuff, like you always do. 

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Oh POOR HUBS   and boo to that  nasty doggy owner.  You said terrier what kind?  Oh it makes me so mad to see that happen.  Why the guy let go of the leash is unbelievable.  Talk about not having leash control.

Glad Abby dog is fine.  I remember long ago someone told me that beagles do not make good small area dogs, as they need to run (instinct to run down deer or something?)  HOUNDS from movies of old.  all seem to be BEAGLES  but you have shown me that they can be doggies in smaller areas, just need lots and lots of love.

Nothing new here in Pickering.  No lakes to stroll around, unless one wants to call Lake Ontario a stroll able lake.  Last week however, another dog owner had her doggy snatched by a coyote which have come down to civilization due to their loss of habitat.  The dog was even leashed.  I cannot imagine how the lady feels.  One of those wee little white fluffy dogs.

we are being told to make sure our cats (not mine) are indoors at nights.  Glad mine are indoor kitties.  Since we are doing renovations (making me soooooooo (never mind)  ArCee had to take a vacation at our dotters condo, as she was upchucking everything.  Loves to roll in sawdust and plaster dust and lord knows what else.  Now she is in clean area for as long as Dotter other half can tolerate her nonsense.  (not a lap cat)  and LOVES to bite when provoked.  But adores me and according to dotter, misses me.

Chloe our older cat, is sick as well, but that is being taken care of by our Vet. but still the cat meows from pain are really hard to take.   I am sooo Glad your doggies and of course Hubs are better, and pooh on the stupid other dog owner, and his poor quarantined doggy.

Ta Ta for now

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics