The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More ALT-801

Forums General Melanoma Community More ALT-801

Participant

I continue to have success with shrinkage after completing 8 week trial of ALT-801.

My latest scans show 2 lymph nodes in the neck and the thyroid still have melanoma but they are significantly smaller and other 2 lymph nodes are gone! ๐Ÿ™‚

They also show advanced necrosis of the tumor in the remaining lymph nodes. As my dr. said this is GOOD NEWS!!!

He has rewritten the protocol and has asked and received permission from NCI to redose me.  Now just waiting on the drug company!

I continue to have success with shrinkage after completing 8 week trial of ALT-801.

My latest scans show 2 lymph nodes in the neck and the thyroid still have melanoma but they are significantly smaller and other 2 lymph nodes are gone! ๐Ÿ™‚

They also show advanced necrosis of the tumor in the remaining lymph nodes. As my dr. said this is GOOD NEWS!!!

He has rewritten the protocol and has asked and received permission from NCI to redose me.  Now just waiting on the drug company!

As much as I don't want to go thru 8 more weeks I have to look at the big picture. This wasn't as toxic as IL-2 can be, I had a relatively easy time compared to what that coud be.

8 more weeks of feeling like crap for possibly more years? Totally worth it! Just have to gear up for the rash and headaches and vomiting to come! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellie, Stage IV, stable disease after one round of ALT-801, gearing up for my 2nd

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        JenM
        Participant

Hi Kellie,

So happy to hear about your stable disease!  good luck with the rest of treatment…you  can do it!

Regards,

Jen

JenM
          Participant

Hi Kellie,

So happy to hear about your stable disease!  good luck with the rest of treatment…you  can do it!

Regards,

Jen

jag
            Participant

Heidi,

that sounds great, very happy for you. 

jag
              Participant

Heidi,

that sounds great, very happy for you. 

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Kellie,

That's great news. I know you said it was only eight weeks long but how long have you been stable and has it been continuing to shrink each time. Great news and thanks for sharing. It helps everyone.

Rebecca

KellieSue
                    Participant

Rebecca,
                              The trial was 8 weeks long. I started treatment on a Monday and received Cisplation and then Wed and Friday received ALT, had week off, 3 rd week was ALT M, W, F had a week off then week 4 started all over again.

My scans in Feb 2010 showed a small spot in thyroid that my dr thought was nothing.  My follow up scans in April of this year showed 2 spots in lymph nodes in right side of neck and 2 in left lymph nodes and they thyroid was signifcantly larger.

I started the trial May 17 and ended July 2nd. I had scans on July 9th that showed the lymph nodes on the right had no cancer and the left ones and the thyroid had shrunk. Follow up scans 4 weeks later showed stable disease. Scans just 2 weeks ago showed stable disease and necrosis of the tumor in the thyroid and lymph nodes in the left side.

Kellie, Stage IV

KellieSue
                      Participant

Rebecca,
                                The trial was 8 weeks long. I started treatment on a Monday and received Cisplation and then Wed and Friday received ALT, had week off, 3 rd week was ALT M, W, F had a week off then week 4 started all over again.

My scans in Feb 2010 showed a small spot in thyroid that my dr thought was nothing.  My follow up scans in April of this year showed 2 spots in lymph nodes in right side of neck and 2 in left lymph nodes and they thyroid was signifcantly larger.

I started the trial May 17 and ended July 2nd. I had scans on July 9th that showed the lymph nodes on the right had no cancer and the left ones and the thyroid had shrunk. Follow up scans 4 weeks later showed stable disease. Scans just 2 weeks ago showed stable disease and necrosis of the tumor in the thyroid and lymph nodes in the left side.

Kellie, Stage IV

Rebecca and Bob
                      Participant

Kellie,

That's great news. I know you said it was only eight weeks long but how long have you been stable and has it been continuing to shrink each time. Great news and thanks for sharing. It helps everyone.

Rebecca

King
                        Participant

Kellie,

I'm so happy to read your post and see your pic. ๐Ÿ™‚  Hmm…I had you pictured as a blonde.  Keep us posted.  The big picture, the big picture….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                          Participant

Kellie,

I'm so happy to read your post and see your pic. ๐Ÿ™‚  Hmm…I had you pictured as a blonde.  Keep us posted.  The big picture, the big picture….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 7 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics