The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mom of Jake – for the old friends here

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Mom of Jake – for the old friends here

Participant
      Hi old friends,

Jake was diagnosed Sept 12, 2014. He was a handsome, kind 17 year old soccer and golf lover. It’s been almost seven years now. He has been through it all and suffered almost everything. This last suffering is beyond anything I could have imagined.
      We are in his final hours or days or whatever comes. He wants to go badly and he is ready. He would be 24 on May 20th. We are at home with his dad, me, his brothers and sisters and step dad. We are all helping him now.
      Please pray for a peaceful end. One thing I learned from my boy, be happy e eryday you can! We get a lot of days given to us to be happy. Don’t ruin them. Some days are simply not happy…but lots are.
      I had a few painful losses along the way on this forum, I just wanted to give this last update.
      Love to all who walk this path and fight this fight. You are the strongest of them all!
      Kerri-mom of Jake

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        CynthiaLee
        Participant
          Oh Kerri….

I read both your posts and I am so sad for the news and for your family and Jake. I remember your posts and had always hoped the lack of seeing new posts was good news.

You have been such a fighter along side Jake, allowing him choices and standing by him.

I will keep you all in my prayers for a peaceful transition. Also, for you all to know how much your strength has affected not just your own family and friends but those of us on the other side of a computer screen.

Truly, no words could ever be worthy of the twisting road of melanoma you all have had to endure.

Peace be with you all and may the caring and love from strangers be felt.

Cindy

Bubbles
          Participant
            Sweet Kerri,

I ache for you and yours – and all that Jake has had to endure at such a young age.  I wish so very much that things had turned out differently.  I am so appreciative of the message you have always shared – the true meaning of love and appreciation of life.  That you continue to do so now tells us so much about your heart, Jake’s strength, and the love you share.

I wish you both peace.  I will hold you and Jake in my heart – always.  Love, celeste

Becky
            Participant
              Ohhh I am reading this on Mothers Day and my heart aches for you. I have been lurking on this forum for years since my 21 year old son was diagnosed in 2009 ( He is fine today) . I always have looked for Jake updates. I have always been in awe of his resolve and you as a Mom letting him make all the hard decisions while still showing him love and support, Thanks you for taking the time to update us. Stay Strong

Becky

Danielle T
              Participant
                <p style=”text-align: left;”>I am unfortunately new to this forum so am not an ‘old’ friend. But, I am so sorry about your sweet son. Melanoma is just not fair.  I will pray for his peaceful transition.</p>
                MeganD
                Participant
                  My heart breaks for all of you.

Sending warm thoughts.

Megan

Mandy 76
                  Participant
                    Kerri, I’m so so very sorry. Prayers and much love to you and your amazing boy.

Hugs,

Amanda ~ Nora’s mommy

Maureen038
                    Participant
                      I’m so very sorry Kerri. I will keep you and Jake and your family in my prayers. You are an amazing mom and my heart aches for all that you have been through. May you have some peace in knowing how much you did for Jake.

Hugs,

Maureen

sing123
                      Participant
                        Kerri, I am so very sorry for your loss. May it bring you some small peace to know that your son was surrounded by love.
                        SOLE
                        Participant
                          Humbly and with a heavy heart, I’m sending you my thoughts and prayers. May you also find peace.

M

marta010
                          Participant
                            Dear Kerri – so sorry to see your news of Jake.  I’ve often looked for updates over the years and, like others, had hoped that Jake was enjoying a normal, cancer free life.  It breaks my heart that he was cheated by this horrible disease.  May your  memories of the happy days bring you comfort.  Take care.

Ann

jennunicorn
                            Participant
                              Kerri, I just want to send the biggest internet hugs and all the warmth and peace to you, Jake, and the family. I have read Jake updates for years as I went through my own journey in treatments and surgeries. I hate that melanoma has to be so brutal, I wanted Jake to get to the other side of this beast so badly. Thank you for sharing his journey with us and your beautiful words to always be happy. I couldn’t agree more.

Much love,

Jenn

jbronicki
                              Participant
                                Dear Kerri, I am so very sorry. Not even sure what words even mean enough.  Like others on here, I followed Jake’s story and always looked for updates.  The picture of you and Jake says it all, that is pure love.  To be honest, I’ve admired Jake’s ability to live in the moment so much and wish I had half his courage in that regard.  And I can’t think of a better mom who let him have his choices and supported him even when I’m sure the worry was overwhelming.  I’m so very sorry, this is devestating. Our hearts definitely break for you and Jake and your whole family.  Many hugs, Jackie

casagrayson
                                Participant
                                  I haven’t been on the forum for many months, so I’m just now seeing this.  Kerri, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I had such great hope, as did everyone here, that Jake would be one that would beat the beast and go on to conquer the world.  I do know that he conquered our hearts, and you did, too.  Much love to you all.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics