The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Moles on scalp

Forums General Melanoma Community Moles on scalp

Participant
      Hello

I have just my annual check up and pointed out a couple of new small lumps on my scalp.   Dermatologist checked them out and advised me they are moles and all looking ok.

Never really thought anymore of it, but now am researching how common is it to get moles or even new moles on you head?  These are skin colour and raised and about the size of an end of a pencil.

Should I get them removed or am I worrying uncesssary?

Mandy x

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        hxcadam
        Participant
          No harm in getting them removed and biopsied if it’ll give you piece of mind.  I have a few moles on the top of my head that have been there most of if not all of my life.  Derm always is pretty thorough when checking my scalp and have never had one biopsied up there.
          MLD1973
          Participant
            Thank you for your reply.  I was told that miles on scalp are uncommon, so I guess I worried.  Derm visit last week and he was not worried, just me worrying.
            Marta1971
            Participant
              Hi Mandy, I had a mole in my scalp during more than one year and my doctor ( not derm) wasnt worried until it grew a lot and had to go to a second opinion.

Unfortunately was a primary intradermal melanoma,  a very big one but fortunately everything is ok for the moment.

So no matter what they say, just go and have a biopsy though maybe it is just a cyst.

Good luck and I hope everyrhing will be fine.

BR

Marta

Heather Joey
              Participant
                Hi, I too found a mole on my scalp, was a little worried. Later my doctor assured me that it is harmless.
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics