The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole with a black dot

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Mole with a black dot

Participant

I recently noticed that a mole on my right shoulder/chest had something black (almost like a scab) coming out of it. Without thinking I pulled it off which made my mole bleed. I have tried to find info on what it could have been but with no results. I am hoping that someone can give me an idea as to what the black thing was and why it was coming out of my mole. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        cricket
        Participant

You should have this checked. None of us will know for sure. Skin cancer has some many different faces, you can never be sure without a pathology report. 

cricket
          Participant

You should have this checked. None of us will know for sure. Skin cancer has some many different faces, you can never be sure without a pathology report. 

cricket
            Participant

Christine.P
              Participant

Hi, Camdon08 – 

I certainly don't want to cause any undue alarm because every mole/person is different, but here is my own brand new story. I was just recently diagnosed with two primary site melanoma and the one on my left arm was a raised "dome" mole – brown but with a black circle inside the diameter of the mole. This was the cancerous area, according to my oncologist. I don't know what yours could be, but I would definitely ask your doctor or see a dermatologist. 

I am having wide excision of both melanoma this week with lymph node biopsies for both sites as well. I wish you a healthy and happy result for your mole and urge you to check it out sooner rather than later. 

Christine.P
                Participant

Hi, Camdon08 – 

I certainly don't want to cause any undue alarm because every mole/person is different, but here is my own brand new story. I was just recently diagnosed with two primary site melanoma and the one on my left arm was a raised "dome" mole – brown but with a black circle inside the diameter of the mole. This was the cancerous area, according to my oncologist. I don't know what yours could be, but I would definitely ask your doctor or see a dermatologist. 

I am having wide excision of both melanoma this week with lymph node biopsies for both sites as well. I wish you a healthy and happy result for your mole and urge you to check it out sooner rather than later. 

Christine.P
                  Participant

Hi, Camdon08 – 

nb82
                    Participant

Any update on this? I just noticed an almost identical mole on my arm today…except it's not raised at all. Of course, it's the holiday and I can't get into a doctors appt till later this week. So, hello anxiety!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics