The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole mapping software.

Forums General Melanoma Community Mole mapping software.

• Replies
      jimjoeb
      Participant

Looks interesting. I don't see anything about the minimum spectifications for the digital camera. Did you see anything? $49.95 isn't too bad to take a risk on trying it but not if means that I have to go out and buy a $500 camera.

jimjoeb
        Participant

Looks interesting. I don't see anything about the minimum spectifications for the digital camera. Did you see anything? $49.95 isn't too bad to take a risk on trying it but not if means that I have to go out and buy a $500 camera.

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

Designed for use with any Digital camera with a LCD viewer.

http://www.dermalert.com/main/blink.asp

DermAlert®/DermAppraise Specifications

Minimum Requirements for DermAlert® or DermAppraise
            Processor 200-megahertz (MHz) Pentium II-class processor or higher
            Operating System
            • Windows XP Home Edition*
            • Windows XP Professional
            • Windows 2000
            • Windows Me
            • Windows 98
            Memory
            • Windows XP Professional:
                160 megabytes (MB) of RAM
            • Windows 98 to Windows XP Home:
                96 MB of RAM
            Hard Disk 5 MB
            Display Recommended minimum 800×600 pixel display
            with true color display
            Mouse Microsoft compatible mouse or pointing device

The DermAlert® software is designed to enable one to carefully compare images obtained at different times (e.g. 6 months or a year apart) to look for changes that have occurred in the intervening time. For example, it could be used to help find moles that are new or changing over time. The changes in the images are emphasized by using an alternating display presentation which provides a quick and easy aid to finding the new or changing moles. (see example of this type of display in action: alternating display demo).

The key to employing this technique is to obtain images at different times that are sufficiently aligned to allow for the alternating display method to be effective. The DermAlert® software provides several functions that enable this to be accomplished. This includes the printing of template guides that can be placed over the LCD viewfinder of a typical digital camera that enable the acquisition of photographs that are well aligned with an original set of baseline images. The DermAlert® software has the capability to automatically adjust the scale of the images so that images being compared are of similar scales. Finally, the DermAlert® software has a software based alignment tool that can then be used to fine-tune image alignment interactively to get a final optimal alignment.

The result of these flexible tools is that individuals can obtain optimized, high quality digital images in complete privacy at home. The review of the images for changes is greatly simplified by the DermAlert® software so that the entire process can be carried out with maximum privacy and allows the individual to have complete control over how often they want to check for changes.

The DermAlert® software maintains a log of any changes that the user notes. Images can be printed to show to a physician, or the whole data set can be taken on a CD to demonstrate changes to a physician.

-Digital Camera not Included-

• Patented image display technique to efficiently detect changes in new images compared to the baseline images.
            • Designed for use with any Digital camera with a LCD viewer.
            • Automatic image scaling algorithm.
            • Automatic generation of novel image templates for use with digital cameras.
            • Functions for preparing a log of changes found over time.
            • Uses jpeg formatted images.
            • Windows™ operating system: full specifications
            JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Designed for use with any Digital camera with a LCD viewer.

http://www.dermalert.com/main/blink.asp

DermAlert®/DermAppraise Specifications

Minimum Requirements for DermAlert® or DermAppraise
              Processor 200-megahertz (MHz) Pentium II-class processor or higher
              Operating System
              • Windows XP Home Edition*
              • Windows XP Professional
              • Windows 2000
              • Windows Me
              • Windows 98
              Memory
              • Windows XP Professional:
                  160 megabytes (MB) of RAM
              • Windows 98 to Windows XP Home:
                  96 MB of RAM
              Hard Disk 5 MB
              Display Recommended minimum 800×600 pixel display
              with true color display
              Mouse Microsoft compatible mouse or pointing device

The DermAlert® software is designed to enable one to carefully compare images obtained at different times (e.g. 6 months or a year apart) to look for changes that have occurred in the intervening time. For example, it could be used to help find moles that are new or changing over time. The changes in the images are emphasized by using an alternating display presentation which provides a quick and easy aid to finding the new or changing moles. (see example of this type of display in action: alternating display demo).

The key to employing this technique is to obtain images at different times that are sufficiently aligned to allow for the alternating display method to be effective. The DermAlert® software provides several functions that enable this to be accomplished. This includes the printing of template guides that can be placed over the LCD viewfinder of a typical digital camera that enable the acquisition of photographs that are well aligned with an original set of baseline images. The DermAlert® software has the capability to automatically adjust the scale of the images so that images being compared are of similar scales. Finally, the DermAlert® software has a software based alignment tool that can then be used to fine-tune image alignment interactively to get a final optimal alignment.

The result of these flexible tools is that individuals can obtain optimized, high quality digital images in complete privacy at home. The review of the images for changes is greatly simplified by the DermAlert® software so that the entire process can be carried out with maximum privacy and allows the individual to have complete control over how often they want to check for changes.

The DermAlert® software maintains a log of any changes that the user notes. Images can be printed to show to a physician, or the whole data set can be taken on a CD to demonstrate changes to a physician.

-Digital Camera not Included-

• Patented image display technique to efficiently detect changes in new images compared to the baseline images.
              • Designed for use with any Digital camera with a LCD viewer.
              • Automatic image scaling algorithm.
              • Automatic generation of novel image templates for use with digital cameras.
              • Functions for preparing a log of changes found over time.
              • Uses jpeg formatted images.
              • Windows™ operating system: full specifications
              jimjoeb
              Participant

Sounds really interesting. Are you going to try it?

jimjoeb
                Participant

Sounds really interesting. Are you going to try it?

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Think i probably will.  I have been trying for ovr 4 years to get my wife to see a Dermatologist.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Paid for it online.  now having trouble getting it to start downloadiing.

get:

Product File Temporarily Unavailable.

Sorry, there is a server error in finding this product.

Please try again later or contact us at [email protected] to obtain your product by email.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Paid for it online.  now having trouble getting it to start downloadiing.

get:

Product File Temporarily Unavailable.

Sorry, there is a server error in finding this product.

Please try again later or contact us at [email protected] to obtain your product by email.

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Think i probably will.  I have been trying for ovr 4 years to get my wife to see a Dermatologist.

RMcLegal
                          Participant

Interesting.  This software inspired me to write a new blog post, to the tune of Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story"…

http://hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com/2011/09/unsightly-visions.html

All in fun.  Best wishes to you and your wife.

Rich

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

No problem, The only tumor/spot I have had after diagnosis we could just photograph with a millimetr ruler next to it to keep a check.  My wife has so many moles and keeps mentioniing some  of them ithing and seeming to change, but has not been willing to see a dermatoligist in spite of my repeated bugging of her for 4 years! 

lucywill
                                Participant

i am having the same problem it looks like a good image software to scale image and load image. i will have a try. good mole mapping software, thank you.

Whitehead
                                  Participant

When the map files are treated as image or document files, maybe we can refer to a certain third party image sdk to deal with the image scaling and image loading.

Whitehead
                                    Participant

When the map files are treated as image or document files, maybe we can refer to a certain third party image sdk to deal with the image scaling and image loading.

Whitehead
                                      Participant

lucywill
                                        Participant

i am having the same problem it looks like a good image software to scale image and load image. i will have a try. good mole mapping software, thank you.

lucywill
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

No problem, The only tumor/spot I have had after diagnosis we could just photograph with a millimetr ruler next to it to keep a check.  My wife has so many moles and keeps mentioniing some  of them ithing and seeming to change, but has not been willing to see a dermatoligist in spite of my repeated bugging of her for 4 years! 

RMcLegal
                                            Participant

Interesting.  This software inspired me to write a new blog post, to the tune of Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story"…

http://hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com/2011/09/unsightly-visions.html

All in fun.  Best wishes to you and your wife.

Rich

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics