The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mohs Surgery – Vulvar Cancer

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Mohs Surgery – Vulvar Cancer

Participant

This board helped me a lot through my initial Melanoma diagnosis. I am so thankful for the all of the practical advice and wisdom that helped me see through my fears.

I hope it is okay that I ask this group for info on a topic for my mom (not Melanoma, but skin cancer related).

My mom is 75 and diagnosed with Vulvar Cancer SCC this week.  I know there have been a few with melanoma of the vulva here,so I thought I might ask here for info.  The Derm wants to do MOHS.  Can anyone here offer any insight on MOHS for Vulvar Cancer?  Any experience or idea on how effective this is, and more importantly how quickly Mom might heal from this surgery? I am very nervous about her being in a lot of pain. Also, can a SCC or any skin cancer be accurately staged using MOHS?  Her shave biopsy extended to all margins, so dept not know at this time.

If you have any suggestions for questions we can ask the doctor that would be great too.

I can't find a US based Vulvar Cancer forum, so I am seeking help where I most trust (this board).

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Anne

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        mary1233
        Participant

Hello Anne – There is a Facebook page called Mucosal Melanoma Warriers and I know that there are people there with Vulvar Melanoma. Give them a try.

My best to you and your mother.

Mary

ABlazek
            Participant
              Thanks so much Mary! I appreciate that you took the time to point me towards a good resource.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics