The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Moh’s is better

Forums General Melanoma Community Moh’s is better

Participant
      After getting passed around to three different surgeon’s, finally got on the schedule to attack my 12th primary with moh’s. Considering what had been proposed for removal of this one, I am breathing a sigh of relief . Never had moh’s before, so new to me what to expect. But since this insitu is smack dab covering my tragus, I’m all about less is better. Soonest I could get on the schedule is mid November, 6 weeks post biopsy . In the big picture, I guess that’s not so bad.
      I’ll let you all know how it goes.
      Aloha,
      Bob
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          That sounds like a good plan, Bob!! I’ll keep all fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted. Celeste
            Bobman
            Participant
              Thank you Celeste ! Knowing you think it sounds good gives me more confidence, for sure. New faces , and more people talking about me is something I hope to exploit to the fullest! Always hoping to catch someone’s eye.
              Bob
            doragsda
            Participant
              I’ve had two Mohs for basal cell carcinomas. They can take a while, but I think it’s good that the pathologist is looking at the tissue to make sure they got it all, rather than just cutting deep and hoping for the best. Just had a chunk of my left tragus sliced off last month for a squamous cell carcinoma, it healed up nicely.
                Bobman
                Participant
                  Yeah doragsda…this will be new for me. I was stressing a tad about taking a wide hit there. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall listening to the three surgeon’s I was previously scheduled with before being referred for moh’s. I am feeling good about the plan. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you.
                  Bob
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics