The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MK Question

Forums General Melanoma Community MK Question

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some info/experiences/evidence!

My husband Craig has been on MK-3475 for around a year now and has luckily had a complete response.

His oncologist has raised the possibility of him coming off the drug, monitoring and re-introducing if he has a reoccurance.

At this stage it is just an option he has offered (with permission from the drug company), giving us some anecdotal evidence of a few people coming off and continuing to be stable/remain clear (He mentioned mainly people who have come off due to side effects etc, so the discovery of the ongoing response has actually been incidental). Theoretically he is thinking that perhaps the drug has 'done its job' – but obviously it hasnt been around long enough to really make a statement like that.

Does anyone know of any evidence out there/own experiences etc regarding this? 

If we went ahead, I think my hubby will be the first person in our location (Perth, Australia) to go down this path. At this stage, I am not sure if we want him being the guinea pig!

Thanks,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Owl
        Participant

Thanks, Lisa, for bringing up this issue. I assume there will be a lot of people facing this one day. I am curious what people will reply! Jenny

Owl
          Participant

Thanks, Lisa, for bringing up this issue. I assume there will be a lot of people facing this one day. I am curious what people will reply! Jenny

Owl
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics