The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mitotic Rate and reoccurrence

Forums General Melanoma Community Mitotic Rate and reoccurrence

Participant
      Anyone knows what is the correlation between Mitotic Rate and chances of reoccurrence.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          This link talks about all the changes between staging document 7th edition to the new 8th edition staging document. If you go about 1/4 way down the page you will see comments about mitotic rate.https://www.skincancer.org/publications/the-melanoma-letter/2018-vol-36-no-1/ajcc-staging-system
            Suzana65
            Participant
              Thank you Ed I knew you’ll have something about it. So, as I understand it’s not used in staging but it’s still a factor in prognosis?
              ed williams
              Participant
                I don’t want to get into the weeds to much on the topic since it is not an area that I spend much time on, but there is a pretty good article published for dermatologist this year that you might want to take a look at. On page 217 and 240 mitosis rate comes up. https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(18)32588-X/pdf
                ed williams
                Participant
                  One more time and if it doesn’t work then do a google search ‘ Guidelines of care for the management of primary cutaneous melanoma jaad.org. S M Swetter 2019″ https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(18)32588-X/fulltext#sec9.1
                  Suzana65
                  Participant
                    Thank you Ed. Got it.
                    obtu.bt
                    Participant
                      I would be pleased to meet you one day Ed, I love the way you make research and share with us.
                      Thank you one thousand lot.

Of course Celeste is my first old flame. (Sorry for my English if I could not express my self correctly Celeste.)

Bubbles
                      Participant
                        Oh my dear Obtu!!! You expressed yourself perfectly and made me laugh out loud!! (Take that Edster! Bahaha!!) Love you too, obtu! Wouldn’t is be nice if we could all share a family dinner??? Cause that’s what we are! It takes a village! love, c
                  Viewing 0 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics