The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Middle toe melanoma?

Forums General Melanoma Community Middle toe melanoma?

Participant
      Hi,

I noticed this darkened purplish band on my middle toe a couple of days ago and I’ve been obsessed looking at it ever since. I made an appointment with my dermatologist but thought I’d post here and see what you guys think.

From the pictures I’ve seen online, usually it’s a black or brown stripe and I’m worried that because mine is a lot wider than a stripe that it means it’s been there for a while.

Here is a link to the picture:

Appreciate any help I can get. Thank you

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant
          No one can tell you if this is melanoma from looking at a picture. Nails are funny … that could be an injury to the nail. If you watched it for a while and it grew out you would know that’s what it is. Since you don’t want to wait (and I wouldn’t, either) it’s good you are going to have the dermatologist check it out! It’s never the wrong move to get a professional opinion!
            allybake
            Participant
              I am attempting to reply, but having difficulty as I am new to this forum. In any case had a biopsy yesterday on my big toe left foot for probable melanoma. It is rare in caucasian people. I have never been one to follow any typical type of diagnosis! Had a malignant melanoma on right thigh 40 years ago and have been melanoma free until this recent occurrence of a vertical brown stripe on big toe. No clue how long its been there as most folks don’t spend a lot of time looking at toes. At least I don’t. In any case its extremely rare and there is a good chance you will be OK, but get it checked out. My doctor is very sure it is melanoma, but was using words we all want to hear “in-situ. I’ll keep you updated.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics