The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Merck PD1 #13 and 36 week scans

Forums General Melanoma Community Merck PD1 #13 and 36 week scans

Participant

I know I've been slow on updating. Where did the summer go?  I started Merck's anti-pd1 in Jan of this year.  I started to get some shrinkage prior to starting (late responder to ipi?).  I've been on Merck's low dose now for 36+ weeks.  My scans continue to show small tumors getting smaller and nothing new.  (a year ago I had a large tumor removed from my small intestine but they couldn't remove the tumors in the lymph nodes surrounding it).  

This seems to be a great drug so far with minimal side effects.  Fatigue sits in sometime (ok, maybe it's self inflicted?) but so far so good!  

Just wanted to share and provide some hope!  

Erin

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Great news Erin!  Thanks for the update.  As I write this post I am getting my 5th infusion of nivolumab.  First scans coming up in a couple weeks then I start IPI.  Very encouraging to hear reports like yours.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Great news Erin!  Thanks for the update.  As I write this post I am getting my 5th infusion of nivolumab.  First scans coming up in a couple weeks then I start IPI.  Very encouraging to hear reports like yours.

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Brian

JoshF
              Participant

Erin-

This great news and I happy to hear you're doing well. Hopefully next scans show nothing!!! Wishing you all the best!!!

Josh

JoshF
                Participant

Erin-

This great news and I happy to hear you're doing well. Hopefully next scans show nothing!!! Wishing you all the best!!!

Josh

JoshF
                  Participant

Erin-

Josh

aldakota22
                    Participant

Nice to read your post this afternoon.Was worried when haven't seen a post in a while.All in all you seem to be on working course of treatment.Glad your side effects are minimal.Rest when needed ,otherwise don't slow down.Praying for continued success.Beat the Beast.   Al

'

aldakota22
                      Participant

Nice to read your post this afternoon.Was worried when haven't seen a post in a while.All in all you seem to be on working course of treatment.Glad your side effects are minimal.Rest when needed ,otherwise don't slow down.Praying for continued success.Beat the Beast.   Al

'

aldakota22
                        Participant

'

Hstevens0072
                          Participant
                            Wonderful news! I just had my first set of scans and had great results too. I wish us continued success!
                            Holly
                            Hstevens0072
                            Participant
                              Wonderful news! I just had my first set of scans and had great results too. I wish us continued success!
                              Holly
                                Erinmay22
                                Participant

Thanks Everyone!  

Erinmay22
                                  Participant

Thanks Everyone!  

Erinmay22
                                    Participant

Thanks Everyone!  

Hstevens0072
                                    Participant
                                      Holly
                                      Tina D
                                      Participant

YAY! Very good news to see ๐Ÿ™‚        

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

Jwfd808
                                            Participant
                                              Great news glad to hear it’s working so well
                                              Jwfd808
                                              Participant
                                                  Erinmay22
                                                  Participant

Thanks Everyone!  Yes, so far so good…  Amazing the advancements that have been made over the last few years.  

Erinmay22
                                                    Participant

Thanks Everyone!  Yes, so far so good…  Amazing the advancements that have been made over the last few years.  

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Love it Gal!

JerryfromFauq
                                                        Participant

Love it Gal!

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

Love it Gal!

Erinmay22
                                                            Participant

Jwfd808
                                                            Participant
                                                              lbc
                                                              Participant

I have been on MK3475 for 14 weeks receiving 7 treatments.  I feel wonderful, my liver enzymes have decresed (LDH by 25%) but my tumors have multiplied and increased.   I believe that the scans are not truly  demonstrating what's going on inside of me.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

LB

lbc
                                                                Participant

I have been on MK3475 for 14 weeks receiving 7 treatments.  I feel wonderful, my liver enzymes have decresed (LDH by 25%) but my tumors have multiplied and increased.   I believe that the scans are not truly  demonstrating what's going on inside of me.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

LB

Erinmay22
                                                                    Participant

LB – 

I can't say that I experienced any new tumors or current ones increasing.  Although I did Ipi prior to starting this and started to see results.  So hard to say if the results I'm seeing are from ipi or the pd1 or the combination of the 2.  

I guess it's good you feel great and levels seem to be headed in the right direction.  Maybe these were tumors that were there before but are now just imflamed and then go away?  Did your doctor offer any thoughts? 

Erin

Erinmay22
                                                                      Participant

LB – 

I can't say that I experienced any new tumors or current ones increasing.  Although I did Ipi prior to starting this and started to see results.  So hard to say if the results I'm seeing are from ipi or the pd1 or the combination of the 2.  

I guess it's good you feel great and levels seem to be headed in the right direction.  Maybe these were tumors that were there before but are now just imflamed and then go away?  Did your doctor offer any thoughts? 

Erin

Erinmay22
                                                                        Participant

LB – 

Erin

lbc
                                                                        Participant

LB

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics