The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Merck EAP PD1 pembro – is in Saint Louis now

Forums General Melanoma Community Merck EAP PD1 pembro – is in Saint Louis now

Participant

Just thought I would mention Siteman in Saint Louis via Dr Linette has Merck's EAP PD1 pembroluminab if anyone needs it.

We decided to keep going to Mayo for now though. Especially the next visit for the August 13th scan. This will be my first scan with it. So far they never have kept me on a medicine after it's first scan. I really hope they keep me on it. My Mayo doc says not to worry so I try not too. I do know 2 and maybe 3 Mayo docs will be looking at the scan and deciding. I leave it up to God and plan to have Dr. Rosenberg's number in my phone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Maureen038
        Participant

Artie,

I'm wishing you the very very best in scans. You are truly an inspiration for many people on this board! My husband was on the NIH ACT. We thought the trial was very beneficial even though he was not a complete responder. For your information, I would keep his email with him instead. He will personally email you back. We just wrote a brief synopsis of Bill's disease and asked if he could be in the trial. There are tests that need to be done to qualify.  Hope that you don't need to do that though.

Maureen

Maureen038
          Participant

Artie,

I'm wishing you the very very best in scans. You are truly an inspiration for many people on this board! My husband was on the NIH ACT. We thought the trial was very beneficial even though he was not a complete responder. For your information, I would keep his email with him instead. He will personally email you back. We just wrote a brief synopsis of Bill's disease and asked if he could be in the trial. There are tests that need to be done to qualify.  Hope that you don't need to do that though.

Maureen

Maureen038
            Participant

Artie,

Maureen

tcell
              Participant

Artie, will be thinking of you while getting my first dose of Ipi and looking forward to hearing good news!

all the best,

Chris

Maureen038
                  Participant

Chris,

I'm hoping and praying that ipi works for you too. I see that you are in Vienna. Contact Stephan Wagner at Medical University of Vienna on his work with CD20 and melanoma. If ipi doesn't work it might be possible to take it off- label. I don't know the cost of it. Dr Herlyn at Wistar Institute is highly respected in the melanoma field and was involved in this study. I'm wishing you the very best too.

Maureen

http://www.nature.com/mt/journal/v20/n5/abs/mt201227a.html

Maureen038
                    Participant

Chris,

I'm hoping and praying that ipi works for you too. I see that you are in Vienna. Contact Stephan Wagner at Medical University of Vienna on his work with CD20 and melanoma. If ipi doesn't work it might be possible to take it off- label. I don't know the cost of it. Dr Herlyn at Wistar Institute is highly respected in the melanoma field and was involved in this study. I'm wishing you the very best too.

Maureen

Maureen038
                      Participant

Chris,

Maureen

tcell
                      Participant

Artie, will be thinking of you while getting my first dose of Ipi and looking forward to hearing good news!

all the best,

Chris

tcell
                        Participant

all the best,

Chris

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics