The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Support Group in Austin, TX?

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Support Group in Austin, TX?

Participant

Have an ideas for support here in Austin as I'm just getting strarted having be diagnosed in January.  I am tying to naviagte the emotional side of things as I make the turn toward a clinical trial in Dallas at Baylor Sammons.  I'm Stage IIIc.  Ugh.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Aundrea
        Participant

Speedster, my husband is IIIc as well and we just last week signed the contract for the trial at Baylor Sammons Dallas.  We live in Sulphur Springs about an hour from Dallas.  Who is the doctor your seeing?  This is my husbands 2nd dealing with melanoma in less that 1 year.  I hate you have to join this group as I know first hand how yalls emotions get.  

Aundrea
            Participant

I looked at your profile.  My husband has the same dr.  Dr. Cowey!  He is so nice and his staff is too!   

Aundrea
              Participant

I looked at your profile.  My husband has the same dr.  Dr. Cowey!  He is so nice and his staff is too!   

Aundrea
                Participant

Speedster
                  Participant

Yes!!  Cowey!!   I started just today.  Have him email me to arrange a call.   [email protected]

I'm a year in and also my second round with this and yes, emotions run high at times. 

Blessings,

Speedster
                    Participant

Yes!!  Cowey!!   I started just today.  Have him email me to arrange a call.   [email protected]

I'm a year in and also my second round with this and yes, emotions run high at times. 

Blessings,

Speedster
                      Participant

Blessings,

Aundrea
                      Participant

Speedster, my husband is IIIc as well and we just last week signed the contract for the trial at Baylor Sammons Dallas.  We live in Sulphur Springs about an hour from Dallas.  Who is the doctor your seeing?  This is my husbands 2nd dealing with melanoma in less that 1 year.  I hate you have to join this group as I know first hand how yalls emotions get.  

Aundrea
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics