The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Stage IV Survivor

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Stage IV Survivor

Participant
      My second quarterly scans came back this week. After being told I may have a year to live 8 months ago, I continue to be NED! I had a radical neck dissection, with 57 lymph nodes taken (clear) as well as a tumor in soft mass of rib area. The tumor taken out of my neck was over 1 Pound in weight. Radiation to neck (5 sessions) was my follow up treatment. Am currently on no meds.

The power of prayer works. I will never give up.

My second quarterly scans came back this week. After being told I may have a year to live 8 months ago, I continue to be NED! I had a radical neck dissection, with 57 lymph nodes taken (clear) as well as a tumor in soft mass of rib area. The tumor taken out of my neck was over 1 Pound in weight. Radiation to neck (5 sessions) was my follow up treatment. Am currently on no meds.

The power of prayer works. I will never give up.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Great news.Prove them wrong.Power of prayer works.I Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

aldakota22
            Participant

triciad
              Participant

Prayers for your continued NED status!  Thanks for posting!

Erinmay22
                  Participant

Love this!  As someone who just had a tumor removed from her small intestine – love to hear stories of folks doing well!  

Erin

Erinmay22
                    Participant

Love this!  As someone who just had a tumor removed from her small intestine – love to hear stories of folks doing well!  

Erin

Erinmay22
                      Participant

Erin

triciad
                      Participant

triciad
                        Participant

dodgedh2
                          Participant

Congrastulations on maintaining NED. I'm NED a little over four years now after having met removed from my sacrum. Prayer does work, as I was placed in several prayer circles around the country. It's nice to have family to help spread the word and provide support. Keep up the fight and never give up!

dodgedh2
                            Participant

Congrastulations on maintaining NED. I'm NED a little over four years now after having met removed from my sacrum. Prayer does work, as I was placed in several prayer circles around the country. It's nice to have family to help spread the word and provide support. Keep up the fight and never give up!

dodgedh2
                              Participant

sjl
                                Participant

Fantastic!  My husband has been battling mucosal melanoma of the nasal cavity and a second primary lung cancer since April.  He's had surgery for the nose and neck lymph nodes, is half way through radiation for the lung, and is on carbo-taxol for the melanoma.  After two rounds of chemo he has a 75% reduction on tumors, and his were huge on his neck!  When he saw a doctor last week who had not seen my husband since the end of July when the monster tumors popped up, he was amazed.  He said he was very happy to have seen my husband's name on the patient list that day because he didn't  think he would make it.  He said my husband must be a real fighter.  My husband said it was Divine Intervention and the doctor scoffed at that.  We know what is going on here!  Still praying for our miracle but miracles do happen.  So keep up those prayers – God is awesome!

sjl
                                  Participant

Fantastic!  My husband has been battling mucosal melanoma of the nasal cavity and a second primary lung cancer since April.  He's had surgery for the nose and neck lymph nodes, is half way through radiation for the lung, and is on carbo-taxol for the melanoma.  After two rounds of chemo he has a 75% reduction on tumors, and his were huge on his neck!  When he saw a doctor last week who had not seen my husband since the end of July when the monster tumors popped up, he was amazed.  He said he was very happy to have seen my husband's name on the patient list that day because he didn't  think he would make it.  He said my husband must be a real fighter.  My husband said it was Divine Intervention and the doctor scoffed at that.  We know what is going on here!  Still praying for our miracle but miracles do happen.  So keep up those prayers – God is awesome!

sjl
                                    Participant

simone
                                      Participant

Wow.  This is truly amazing and inspirational.  Thank you for sharing and spreading hope to all!  Good luck to you and may you continue to be blessed and NED.  Gotta love NED.

simone
                                        Participant

Wow.  This is truly amazing and inspirational.  Thank you for sharing and spreading hope to all!  Good luck to you and may you continue to be blessed and NED.  Gotta love NED.

simone
                                          Participant

jcmp
                                            Participant

Good for you!

jcmp
                                              Participant

Good for you!

jcmp
                                                Participant

Good for you!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics