The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

melanoma return while on yervoy

Forums General Melanoma Community melanoma return while on yervoy

Participant
      My husband is stage 3A with original melanoma on 4th right toe that was amputated July 2105. He had a lymph node disection in the groin with 4 positive nodes. He has now had 4 infusion of yervoy ending Dec 3rd of 2015. Last week went to dermatologist for 3 month check , he had approx 5 to 6 spots by the surgery site that looked like blood blisters but came back melanoma. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this with yervoy? Thank you
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        mrsaxde
        Participant

Yervoy stopped things from growing while I was getting it, but just like your husband, shortly after finishing the treatments several small new spots appeared. I saw Dr. Sharfman at Johns Hopkins for another consult, and he and my oncologist agreed that we should give Yervoy a little longer to work. When a scan in May revealed spots on one lung that hadn't shown up on the previous scan last February, my oncologist started me on Keytruda. So far I've had better luck with it. In September everything was shrinking. In my most recent scan, last week, there were no changes.

-Bill

mrsaxde
          Participant

Yervoy stopped things from growing while I was getting it, but just like your husband, shortly after finishing the treatments several small new spots appeared. I saw Dr. Sharfman at Johns Hopkins for another consult, and he and my oncologist agreed that we should give Yervoy a little longer to work. When a scan in May revealed spots on one lung that hadn't shown up on the previous scan last February, my oncologist started me on Keytruda. So far I've had better luck with it. In September everything was shrinking. In my most recent scan, last week, there were no changes.

-Bill

stevecathy
              Participant
                Thank you Bill for the reply. We are going back to Chicago , cancer center of America on Wednesday this week. We are meeting with oncology team to see what steps next. Hope all continues positive for you!
                stevecathy
                Participant
                  Thank you Bill for the reply. We are going back to Chicago , cancer center of America on Wednesday this week. We are meeting with oncology team to see what steps next. Hope all continues positive for you!
                  stevecathy
                  Participant
                  mrsaxde
                  Participant

-Bill

94z28joe
                    Participant

I was on the trial for IPI 3mg/kg dose I had 6 doses and had a local recurrence while on it and got booted off the trial.

stevecathy
                        Participant
                          Thanks for the reply. Sorry you were dropped from trial. Best of luck to you. Blessings, Cathy
                          stevecathy
                          Participant
                            Thanks for the reply. Sorry you were dropped from trial. Best of luck to you. Blessings, Cathy
                            stevecathy
                            Participant
                            94z28joe
                            Participant

I was on the trial for IPI 3mg/kg dose I had 6 doses and had a local recurrence while on it and got booted off the trial.

94z28joe
                              Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                Participant

Hi Cathy,

Yes.

I'm stage 3C.  Had all 4 doses of IPI with no major side effects.  I saw my tumors (in-transits) melt away only to have more pop up while on IPI.  I'm now 11 doses into PEMBRO and that's melted the after IPI in-transits.  I'm not currently NERD, but I hope to be after scans at the end of the month.

Blessings,

Julie

stevecathy
                                    Participant
                                      Thank you Julie for reply . We are returning to Chicago Wednesday to meet with dr. Hopeful for a plan . I do appreciate the reply. Best wishes to you and good scan results . Take care and blessings to you.
                                      stevecathy
                                      Participant
                                        Thank you Julie for reply . We are returning to Chicago Wednesday to meet with dr. Hopeful for a plan . I do appreciate the reply. Best wishes to you and good scan results . Take care and blessings to you.
                                        stevecathy
                                        Participant
                                          Marianne quinn
                                          Participant

I've posted quite a bit about my husbands journey with ipi. He is NED after what appeared to be progression after 4 infusions of 10 mg ipi. . If you want, please read my posts for more details. Don't give up hope!

Marianne quinn
                                            Participant

I've posted quite a bit about my husbands journey with ipi. He is NED after what appeared to be progression after 4 infusions of 10 mg ipi. . If you want, please read my posts for more details. Don't give up hope!

stevecathy
                                              Participant
                                                Thank you , I will
                                                stevecathy
                                                Participant
                                                  Thank you , I will
                                                  stevecathy
                                                  Participant
                                                    Thank you , I will
                                                    Marianne quinn
                                                    Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                                    Participant

Hi Cathy,

Yes.

I'm stage 3C.  Had all 4 doses of IPI with no major side effects.  I saw my tumors (in-transits) melt away only to have more pop up while on IPI.  I'm now 11 doses into PEMBRO and that's melted the after IPI in-transits.  I'm not currently NERD, but I hope to be after scans at the end of the month.

Blessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                                      Participant

Hi Cathy,

Yes.

Blessings,

Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics