The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma on Face

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma on Face

Participant
      Hi all. I was diagnosed Stage 1A in August 2018. I am constantly worrying, and try to channel that worry into vigilance. As you know, this can be exhausting. I have a new spot on my face and it does not look good. My initial melanoma was on my right arm, spitzoid, so amelanotic, looked more like a wart or pimple. Now I have something on my face that looks somewhere between an age spot and a slightly raised wart. So, the panic has set in. I am trying to get into my doctor at Johns Hopkins but I am worried that during the pandemic this will be challenging. Does anyone have experience with melanoma on the face, and if I had a prior that was amelanotic should I expect that for future melanomas that arise on my body? Thank you, these are tough times and I hope you are all hanging in there physically and emotionally.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        SarahBug
        Participant
          I know this is a little late on the reply but I wanted to address your last question: If you had a prior amelanotic should you expect that for future melanomas, if you were to have more? I recently had surgery for an amelanotic melanoma (lentigo maligna melanoma subtype) and the surgeon told me that the chances of having another one were almost nonexistent. That said, I will certainly be vigilant for future occurrences–since I am the one who discovered the first one. Hope you are doing well!
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics