The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Article in April 2011 Good Housekeeping

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Article in April 2011 Good Housekeeping

Participant

Hi everyone,

There is an article on Good Housekeeping about a woman diagnosed with stage 3 and then stage 4 melanoma and her journey with treatments.

People may find it interesting; it seems to have covered some of the newer treatments…Ipi, PLX4032. She was treated was tremilimumab….guess I am not sure what that is…..but I will research that.

Enjoy!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

currently stable (NED) after 4 infusions of Ipi, round two to start May 11

Hi everyone,

There is an article on Good Housekeeping about a woman diagnosed with stage 3 and then stage 4 melanoma and her journey with treatments.

People may find it interesting; it seems to have covered some of the newer treatments…Ipi, PLX4032. She was treated was tremilimumab….guess I am not sure what that is…..but I will research that.

Enjoy!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

currently stable (NED) after 4 infusions of Ipi, round two to start May 11

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ranisa
        Participant

Is there a link to the article?

Ranisa
          Participant

Is there a link to the article?

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Forgot to mention the woman's doctor is Dr Anna Pavlick, D.O. oncologist at NY University Langone Medical Ctr..

Ranisa…I read the magazine…went to their site online, couldnt find a link to the story, so sorry.

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Forgot to mention the woman's doctor is Dr Anna Pavlick, D.O. oncologist at NY University Langone Medical Ctr..

Ranisa…I read the magazine…went to their site online, couldnt find a link to the story, so sorry.

Vermont_Donna

Barb Kotti
                Participant

I've  spent the last 45 minutes trying to 'find' the April article and finally gave up:(  I had a friend that I wanted to sent the article to but left the Magazine in Florida:(

I really didn't want to JOIN anything I just wanted a quick article that I could  Copy and Paste.  I give up:~(

W.
                    Participant

Didn't find the article, either. But the woman who was interviewed for the article, seems to be a blogger: http://thestilettogang.blogspot.com/2011/03/beauty-is-in-eye-ofphotoshop.html

Vermont_Donna
                      Participant

Sorry there does not appear to be an online copy of the article. It is in the April 2011 edition of the magazine. If your library doesnt have it, I may be able to provide a copy to you, I have the magazine at home. Would need your mailing address.

Vermont_Donna

Barb Kotti
                        Participant

Thanks, I'd really appreciate receiving the article, I even checked the Dr. ofc. for it today:(

PO Box 923     Lakemore, OH  44250

We live in the 'boonies' so the PO Box:(  Thanks!   Barb Kotti

Barb Kotti
                          Participant

Thanks, I'd really appreciate receiving the article, I even checked the Dr. ofc. for it today:(

Barb Kotti
                            Participant

Vermont_Donna
                              Participant

H i Barb,

I will mail it in about 10 days or so…..I am out of state right now.

Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

H i Barb,

I will mail it in about 10 days or so…..I am out of state right now.

Donna

Barb Kotti
                                  Participant

Vermont_Donna
                                    Participant

Sorry there does not appear to be an online copy of the article. It is in the April 2011 edition of the magazine. If your library doesnt have it, I may be able to provide a copy to you, I have the magazine at home. Would need your mailing address.

Vermont_Donna

W.
                                      Participant

Didn't find the article, either. But the woman who was interviewed for the article, seems to be a blogger: http://thestilettogang.blogspot.com/2011/03/beauty-is-in-eye-ofphotoshop.html

Barb Kotti
                                      Participant

I've  spent the last 45 minutes trying to 'find' the April article and finally gave up:(  I had a friend that I wanted to sent the article to but left the Magazine in Florida:(

I really didn't want to JOIN anything I just wanted a quick article that I could  Copy and Paste.  I give up:~(

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics