The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma and coffee-interseting findings!

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma and coffee-interseting findings!

• Replies
      KMick
      Participant

I heard this on the news yesterday and my 19 year old son commented, 'That's because people who have time to drink that much coffee in a day are indoors out of the sun!' thinking he was so funny.  I suppose anything that reduces melanoma is a good thing for sure and thankfully I like coffee.

KMick
        Participant

I heard this on the news yesterday and my 19 year old son commented, 'That's because people who have time to drink that much coffee in a day are indoors out of the sun!' thinking he was so funny.  I suppose anything that reduces melanoma is a good thing for sure and thankfully I like coffee.

KMick
          Participant

ecc26
            Participant

Not to be a downer, but correllation does not necessarily equal causation. Need to be a little careful with interpretation of this type of study. It would be nice, but also, it talks about lowering the chances of developing- nothing helpful for those who already have the stupid thing.

-Eva

ecc26
              Participant

Not to be a downer, but correllation does not necessarily equal causation. Need to be a little careful with interpretation of this type of study. It would be nice, but also, it talks about lowering the chances of developing- nothing helpful for those who already have the stupid thing.

-Eva

ecc26
                Participant

-Eva

CHD
                  Participant

Too bad this didn't work for me, lol.   I have  been drinking 4 cups of coffee a day for 20 years and still got melanoma.

CHD
                    Participant

Too bad this didn't work for me, lol.   I have  been drinking 4 cups of coffee a day for 20 years and still got melanoma.

CHD
                      Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics