The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mekinist and tafinlar

Forums General Melanoma Community Mekinist and tafinlar

Participant

This is a very important post. I lost my husband to leptomeningeal disease from melanoma last month. I am looking to help someone truly in need of tafinlar and mekinist. It can save lives, it just couldn't for my husband due to how his disease progressed. I have meds left and I am not just throwing them away. Help me everyone to help someone else.

Please respond if you know of anyone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cathy M
        Participant
          Check with the oncologist office where you went. They may or may not be able to assist. I know really they’re not supposed to accept meds like that but I also know cancer doesn’t play fair and sometimes we have to play dirty too.

Thank you for wanting to help someone who may need these drugs but who may not have access due to insurance problems, etc. I would look to be offering the same thing if I was in your shoes.

Whyland1
            Participant
              Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

I am currently using both meds and they are working great.

When I run out in February, refills from medicare will cost $thousands.

I would greatly appreciate any you can send.

Bill

Lhawkins
              Participant

Send me an email at [email protected]

Lhawkins
                Participant

Lhawkins
                  Participant

Whyland1
                    Participant
                      Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Bill

Whyland1
                      Participant
                        Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Bill

Cathy M
                      Participant
                        Check with the oncologist office where you went. They may or may not be able to assist. I know really they’re not supposed to accept meds like that but I also know cancer doesn’t play fair and sometimes we have to play dirty too.

Thank you for wanting to help someone who may need these drugs but who may not have access due to insurance problems, etc. I would look to be offering the same thing if I was in your shoes.

Cathy M
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics